Would upgrading from 325cc to 500cc saline implants be too much for my petite/athletic frame? (photo)

I want more cleavage/lessen the gap between implants without looking disproportionate. Age: 30 5'2'' / 125 lbs - petite/athletic (size 2/4; 26 in waist; 30.5" ribcage) Implants: Mentor Smooth Round Moderate Plus Saline 300cc (340 left / 325 right) Placement: Infra-mammary incision; sub-pectoral on 1/11/13 PreOp: 36A / small 34B PostOp: Moderate/full 36C Desired: Moderate 36D

Larger implants, larger problems

+2
Simply stated, 500 cc implants are very large for a petite athletic woman. In this situation, long term problems such as thinning, sagging, and visible ripples are more likely. The closeness of the cleavage relates not just to implant dimensions but the attachment of the pectoral muscle and releasing the muscle to make room can cause symmastia.

Simultaneous lift necessary

+2
At size 36 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If the original implants did not satisfy your requirements, it is unlikely that additional 175 cc’s will. I recommend a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. A circumareola approach is used to reshape your breast tissue, displace the areolas medial and enlarge the implant pocket medially. Implants alone will not solve your problems.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Wanting to upsize...

+2

can always be done if you're willing to accept the risks and potential long term complications such as thinning of your skin.  So I always tell my patients to live the life with their current results and see if they really need the increase in size.  Your results look good and I hope you know that.  A bra should easily create cleavage by pushing breasts together.  It comes down to costs and risks...

Curtis Wong, MD

Large implants, petite frame

+2
Your photo already shows some roundness in the upper breast which suggests your implant is not submuscular, or is hitting the limit of what might cover and blend with your breast tissue. The 500 will fit, though think carefully about how natural you wish to be.

Would upgrading from 325cc to 500cc saline implants be too much for my petite/athletic frame?

+2

You seem to have a great result. 

Larger saline implants are likely to result in visible rippling. Creating more cleavage by moving the implants to the center may make your nipples point sideways. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon