How Many Units Are There in One Syringe for Botox and at What Price for One Unit?

Botox Cost

+2

Botox is sold to Physicians in a 100 unit vial, not by syringe; Botox is reconstituted with saline by the Physician  with 2-2.5 mL depending on preference. The cost to the Physician for this US FDA approved vial is around $550.  Although Botox can be priced per area, my preference is to sell it by the unit.  The reason is that Botox is a medication, with some patients requiring more and some less.  Cost per unit will depend on where you live, but in my practice it is $13/u. Because Botox is used heavily for therapeutic reasons in the United States, Botox cosmetic must be sold to the Physician at the same price as Botox intended for insurance/ Medicare purposes.  Therefore, there is no volume discounting of product for the Physician, as there is with competitors such as Dysport or Xeomin.  Therefore, if you see heavily discounted Botox, Botox offered by the "syringe", I would be suspicious of the origin, quality, dilution, and integrity of the product.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Units of Botox per syringe

+2

Botox is priced typically either per unit or per area.

The fees of injectors varies greatly, as does the skill level and the understanding of the product, and the honesty of how much you are actually getting.  

Most patients have no idea if their Botox is watered down or not, and there is no control in place to monitor who is and who is not 'watering down the drinks'.  Some patients leave from the Medi-Spa with their droopy or asymmetric brows and plastic looks, pleased as pie about the great deal they got...

It's best to get botulinum toxin at a reputable office by a reputable individual with great credentials.

Brent Moelleken, MD

+1

Depends on the Physician dilution can you determine how many units are in a syringe. The average cost per unit can range from different locations, anywhere from $10-$18 per unit. 

Botox per syringe

+1

It depends on how the Botox is diluted or mixed.   The number of units per 1 cc syringe can vary.  Please ask your Botox provider.

Sugene Kim, MD

Units of Botox

+1

The units in a syringe have to do with the degree of dilution. We charge by the area not the units.....it is a much better deal....I suggest you find a surgeon who charges by the area and make sure you get the response promised for each area done.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Botox comes freeze dried and has to be mixed into a liquid.  The dilution ranges so a 1cc syringe at one office may not have the same amount of Botox units.

Botox price

+1

One syringe of Botox price in our office is $550 and it will vary depending on the practice. The way we dilute in our practice will give you about 45cc's per syringe.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Pricing for Botox

+1

Botox is most commonly priced by the unit or by the area treated, not by the syringe.  Both are acceptable, but I favor charging by the area, for several reasons.  My goal is to get the optimal result, and I find my patients are happy knowing ahead of time what it will cost them.  No two patients are the same, and I always individualize the treatment. I price each area fairly, even though my profit is less for the people with stronger glabellar muscles.  I'd really rather not risk compromising the result by having the patient worry about how to get by with less.  I have seen many patients under treated elsewhere because they were told it would only need X number of units, and the benefits lasted only a month or two, or they didn't get full relaxation of the targeted muscle groups.  I will adjust my price if I feel you need less than the average amount.

Having said that, I think the most important factor is receive your Botox from an expert, experienced injector, who will know how many units you will need.  It is not worth it to save a few bucks if you don't get a good result!

James Bartels, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Botox is supplied to the physician in either a 50 or 100 unit vial. The amount of saline used to dilute determines how the solution is administered. Typically 25-37.5 units are used for upper face treatment which usually includes the glabella, crow's feet and forehead. The cost varies on whether a physician or another person injects. 

I would recommend doing your homework and asking questions about the injector and their qualifications. Typically, cheaper is not always better. Look for the best value! In other words, look for someone with a great reputation and reasonable prices and are willing to back their work.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Botox

+1

All Botox is "diluted" in a sense as it has to be reconstituted before use with liquid. HOw much liquid is added depends on who is preparing it. The volume that you get may not contain the same amount of Botox(measured in units) as what someone across the street is getting in the same size syringe. therefore, never allow anyone to sell you a syringe. You need to know how many UNITS you are getting. This is important because if you like or do not like results and go elsewhere you can know what you had done. Be wary of anyone with a great deal as nobody is selling you Botox for less than it cost them to buy it and when injected well, less can be more.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist