Unhappy with Permanent Bridge? (photo)

I had a 6 unit bridge redone after 3 years for cosmetic reasons. The old bridge was bulky. After wearing temporary for 3 months due to the lab being out of state and making 1 adjustment. I now have the final bridge done and I am unhappy. The 2 front teeth look too bulky and do not resemble the temporary. It also feels to tight on one tooth which I told the dentist What do I do now? I want this bridge off. It took so long for the permanent to be made in the first place. So unhappy with the outcome.

I'm Unhappy With My New Bridge...what can I do?

+1

The dentist still may be able to adjust the porcelain without taking the bridge out and redoing it completely.  Also, he could adjust the contact with the other tooth that you feel is too tight.  Cosmetic dentists do this often, called post insertion porcelain recontouring.

Before a dentist permanently cements a bridge he will usually try it in and ask the patient to evaluate it, accepting the restoration, and giving permission to permanently cement it into place.  Did your dentist do any of these things?

Did you have the opportunity to see the bridge before he cemented the bridge into place?

Did you accept the bridge?

Did you give the dentist permission to cement the bridge into place?

I do agree with you that the teeth on the bridge looks a little bulky.  I recommend you see if he can/will try to recontour it before going to all the trouble and expense of remaking the bridge completely from start to finish.

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist

Unhappy with Permanent Bridge

+1

Did the dentist let you see how the bridge looked in your mouth before he permanently cemented this bridge?  Did you approve/disapprove at the time?  If you weren't sure, were you given the chance to wear the bridge with temporary cement?  If the answer is no, the bridge should be remade or a refund offered.

Norwalk Cosmetic Dentist

Looking for better bridge result

+1

You really need to talk to your dentist about these concerns, Did you approve the esthetics before the bridge was cemented ? It would be ideal if it was cemented with temporary cement, then it could be removed and altered. It is possible that some changes could be made with the bridge in place. Good luck , so important to be happy with your front teeth! Bernice Szafarek DMD

Hartford Cosmetic Dentist