Uneven Swelling After Rhinoplasty?

When I first took off my cast, my nose was straight and my nostrils were even. after a week my nostrils seemed uneven (one nostril circular the other flared), and still seems like it ( not as bad though) . & now my nose seems a little bit crooked. could it be the swelling? I had a lot of work done on my nose and my surgery was very long

Rhinoplasty uneven swelling

+1

Uneven swelling after rhinoplasty is fairly common, and is always concerning to patients. This can lead to the nose looking crooked. I strongly recommend following up with your surgeon for reassurance. Your surgeon may also recommend techniques to help bring the down the swelling faster.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Swelling Post-Rhinoplasty

+1

Commonly after rhinoplasty there is uneven swelling noted from one side to the other.  It is important that you keep your regular visits with your surgeon as there are techniques that can be implemented after surgery to help with asymmetric swelling.  Asymmetric swelling after surgery will also give the appearance that your nose is crooked.

Anthony Bared, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling is not uncommon after rhinoplasty

+1

After rhinoplasty some swelling is normal.  The nose has been reshaped by the surgeon.  At this point the patient must wait to allow the natural healing to occur.  This will shape the nose for the final appearance.  The nose continues to heal for one full year and at that point a good evaluation of whether or not there are any asymmetries can be assessed.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and nose

+1

If your nose looked very straight after the splint came off, then more than likely what you are experiencing is swelling.  Give it time.

Uneven Swelling After Rhinoplasty?

+1

It is very difficult to give advice without photos. This certainly could be due to swelling in which case your concerns will resolve in the next few weeks to months. For reassurance, I would have your plastic surgeon re-evaluate your nose. They will likely be able to reassure you about the healing process. Otherwise, they might make suggestions with regard to nasal exercises or other maneuvers that might aid the healing process. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon