Will Uneven Botox Results Get Better?

I had Botox 3 weeks ago in between my eyebrows. I was told this would help give my eyes a little lift, since I don't have bad scowl lines in between my eyebrows. My right eye raised more than my left, which looked a little droopier! I went back for my 2 week check.She added 1 cc to my right eye to lower it a little, now it is droopier than it was before Botox! she put 2ccs in the outside corner of my left eyebrow to help the center lift more, but it doesn't look any better!

Is it too soon to tell,? Should both eyes improve?

Please make sure you are going to a qualified injector

+3

J. Dunn,

This is a good question. Botox works by paralyzing muscles. This effect is beneficial to reduce dynamic wrinkles on the forehead, glabella (between the eyebrows) and the crow's feet areas around the eyes. When Botox is injected the balance between the facial muscles is disrupted. This is advantageous for people who need to correct brow position. By injecting Botox under the brow, the orbicularis occuli muscles around the eye are weakened and the later brow raises. When Botox is injected into the frontalis muscle above the brows, the elevator muscle of the brows are paralyzed and the brow drops. For most people, a net positive balance is reached and the eyebrow is raised to a better position. When a negative balance is reached, brow height can be manipulated by injected more Botox either above or below the brows to affect position. It is best to keep in mind that it takes Botox 3 to 7 days to start working and up to 2 weeks to see the final effect. So if you are looking for results 1 day after injections, you will not see a difference.

In your question you state that your doctor injected 1 cc and 2 cc of additional Botox. I assume that you mean 0.1 cc and 0.2 cc, since the values that you stated are way to much Botox if your injector is making minor "touchups."

I hope this is helpful.

David Shafer, MD
Shafer Plastic Surgery
New York City

Botox Time Lapse

+1

Thank you for your question!  Botox takes about 2 weeks to stabilize.  I encourage people after injection to use the injected muscles for that day to help improve early onset of Botox function.

In your case you will see an improvement over the next week.

Anthony Perkins, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Using Botox for the glabella and forehead

+1

Try to use your muscles more over the next two weeks to re-equalize your eyebrow position and regain your natural look. Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Asymmetry and Botox

+1

You should notice the maximum benefit in another week. If asymmetry exists prior to treatment, then it will be quite difficult to achieve perfect and lasting symmetry. Frequent touchups will help.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Let it wear off...less next time.

+1

The eyebrow lift some say they get with Botox is very inconsistent. I would let the current treatment wear off and consider not having that part of the treatment next time.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Botox asymmetry

+1

On occasion a patient may experience asymmetry of their eyebrows in the acute period following Botox. If this occurs, it is of no concern. Generally most cases will correct on their own in 2-3 weeks. If they dont, return to your dermatologist for correction with Botox which can be done.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven Botox correction

+1

You should see the effect of the Botox injection within 2 weeks.  Most people see changes within 7-10 days.  Touch-up treatments work very well, when needed.  However, if the Botox has diffused to an unwanted location, you will have to wait until the effect is worn off (4 months) before you can start again.  Discuss your concerns with you doctor.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Eyelid droop with Botox

+1
This happens, but it will go away. Stop the Botox for now and in 4 months have your doctor use less above your eyes or place the injections farther from each eye. These strategies reduce the risk of eyelid droop.

Daniel J. Ladd Jr., DO
Austin Dermatologist

Botox results uneven after 2 weeks

+1

Botox is great for the area you received your treatment between the eyebrows. After two weeks from the treatment you will have the full effect of the Botox. Everyone has some asymmetry to their face and Botox should be tailor made to your needs. For example you might need a little or less on one side. The great thing about Botox is that if you have a bad result it will go away in 3-4months.

Uneven Botox or Dysport results can be fixed

+1

Sometimes certain facial muscle groups require more doses of botulinum toxins. So it is not uncommon to return to your board-certified physician so he or she can make minor adjustment, e.g. booster shots.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon