Will an Umbilicoplasty Fix my Post Pregnancy Sagging Navel? (photo)

I'm 27 and in pretty good shape (still trying to get my abs back) but no matter how much I work out, that fact remains that my belly button isn't going to get better. I'm not willing to trade the scar of a tummy tuck for this, but I really want to fix it. I've looked around on the internet and an umbilicoplasty seems to be my only other option. Will the procedure work for me? I live in Raleigh NC and was wondering the cost as well. Please help me!

Umbilicoplasty is not a tummy tuck!

+2

Umbilicoplasty procedures are no designed to correct post-pregnancy deformities. You appear to have more skin laxity above your belly button than would be possible to correct with such a procedure. You may be a candidate for a short scar tummy tuck, but I think you will still likely require an incision around the belly button. You need to decide which is a bigger problem for you...the skin laxity, or the incision to correct it.

Umbilicoplasty

+2

I think you have way too much skin excess for an umbilicoplasty to be successful. When I have looked at pre and post op photos on websites, by in large the only ones that look better are the patients who had umbilical hernias bulging out the navel and those with bad scars from navel rings. 

To remove excess skin here, when it comes time to suture there is a small inner circle and a much larger out circle. The navel sometimes stretches out abnormally, and the scars are often thick .

You do look like a good tummy tuck candidate. Best options are stick with what you have, or tummy tuck.

Thanks for the question, the photos.  Best wishes.

Umbilicoplasty for Post Baby belly button

+2

Post baby belly button is a challenging problem to fix.  The umbilicoplasty can improve the appearance by removing some of the loose skin and shortening the umbilical stalk.  You will still have a scar around the belly button.  As you are only 27, this would be a good compromise rather than a fully tummy tuck.  You should also explore non- surgical skin tightening treatments such as EndyMed 3DEEP radiofrequency which can improve the skin tone.  Good luck!

Christopher J. Inglefield, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Belly button revision surgery in Los Angeles

+1
Repair of the rectus diastasis, loss of fatty tissue, and concentric umbilicoplasty will likely improve your belly button. Our office specializes in belly button repair surgery in Los Angeles. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Avoid umbilicoplasty

+1
I agree with all the other opinions, you will require an abdominoplasty. Only you know if the scar is an acceptable yet remade off. 

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Umbilicoplasty or tummy tuck

+1

An umbilicoplasty is a procedure for reconstructing a missing or deformed umbilicus.  Neither of which you have.  What you do have are stretched abdominal skin and rectus abdominis muscles.  To correct both of these problems and give you a flat tight abdomen, a tummy tuck is necessary.  You might be able to get by with a "mini-" tummy tuck (amd shorter incisions) since the bulk of the problem is from the belly button down, but you would have to be willing to accept a slight downward stretching of the umbilicus.

Either way, the problem cannot be corrected without a scar.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

A full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photo.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS