Tummy Tuck Done 5 Years Ago and Still Feeling Numb in the Stomach?

I had a tummy tuck 5 years ago and I cant really feel my lower stomach (from my belly button down to the line ir smile as many call it) so is this normal? Should I be worried? Thank you so much for reading this post and I value you're opinion. Have a great night!

Numbness is a known Complication after Tummy Tuck

+2

Although uncommon, permanent numbness can occur after tummy tuck surgery especially in the lower mid line area between the scar and belly button. After 5 years there can be some improvement but doubtful. In most cases there is some sensation present, just not the normal pre-surgical amount. The good news is that it does not affect your function and with time most are no longer aware or concerned with its presence.

Numbness of Abdomen 5 Years after Tummy Tuck?

+2

I would suggest that you not worry too much about the numbness in that area.  At this stage, you may find that this numbness is permanent (or extremely slow to return) and irreversible regardless of the tests or procedures performed.

Numbness after a tummy tuck

+2

You may want to visit with a peripheral nerve specialist to see whether or not you have some entrapped nerves leading to your numbness.  Dr. Eric Williams in Baltimore is an excellent peripheral nerve specialist.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS