Sex After Tummy Tuck

My husband is in another country and has been for almost 2 years so I rarely get to see him except if I go there for a week or he comes here for a week. This means I have to use other things (toys). I would like to know, how long should I wait before using them safely? I'm at 4 weeks post tummy tuck today.

Discuss it with your surgeon

Discussing it with your surgeon in a frank way is the best answer, as only he/she knows how healed you are at 4 weeks. Most of our patients resume sexual activity within a month of abdominoplasty, but everyone heals differently and there are specific concerns for each patient. So talk it over with your doctor and you will get the best answer.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon