Tummy Tuck Scar Treatment Creams?

Tummy Tuck Scar Care

+1
I often recommend DERMATIX, a silicone gel that has helped my patients. Silicone Sheeting can also improve and speed healing. They flatten scars and reduce their visibility. You can start applying these once the steristrips fall off and there's no longer any crustiness or scabbing on the incision.

However, the best way to help your scars is just let your body deal with them and stay out of the sun for a year, as suntanning the scar may stain it permanently red or brown. This makes it more noticeable.

Tummy tuck scars can be improved

+1
Tummy tuck scars can be treated with Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams, followed by pulsed dye laser to reduce hypervascularity.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Scar Cream?

+1

Hi New Me.  We use laser treatments, kenalog injections and topical products (like creams) to treat tummy tuck scars.  The way the scar looks determine which of those methods we use.

Because you are in the Los Angeles area (We have an office in orange, CA), we would be able to offer a free consultation to take a look at the scar and develop a treatment plan.  Click through on the link below to view scar revision pictures and call us to schedule. Thanks.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD