5'2", 120lb, 38C - Am I a Candidate for Breast Reduction?

I am 19 yrs old,5'2 and I weigh just under 120 pounds (very small frame).my bra size is 38C and my breast are very saggy with stretch marks.I have always had back and neck pains which are reasons for my bad posture.I cannot sit up or stand for lond periods of time without something supporting my back.I used to be athletic but now the pain my breasts while doing things prevents me. My bra leaves bruises which also hurts.

+2

Based upon your photos, symptoms and bra size I do believe that you are a candidate for breast reduction surgery. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for more information specific to your individual case.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

+2

You do have an indication for breast reduction. If you have health insurance, your carrier may cover the procedure. With proper documentation showing you have tried conservative treatment, either through the aid of a physical therapist or chiropractor, you can present a good case of medical necessity. Best of Luck to you!

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD

Teenager candidate for a breast reduction

+1
It would appear that you are a good candidate for a breast reduction.  If you have extremely large breasts you may be a candidate for a breast reduction even at an early age. I usually like to have a patients breast growth to be stable for one year prior to considering a breast lift. If there is significant hormonal stimulation the breasts can get bigger after a breast reduction. Best to consult a plastic surgeon with your parents along for the consultation.

Breast Reduction Surgery is a Great Option for You

+1

Your photos, bra size, and clinical history suggest the presence of significant symptomatic breast hypertrophy. In my experience, patients with this degree of breast enlargement derive tremendous benefit from breast reduction surgery.  In fact, many patients consider it a life changing experience. Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be a helpful next step.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

5'2", 120lb, 38C - Am I a Candidate for Breast Reduction

+1

Looking at your photographs I would say that you are indeed a good candidate for a breast reduction.  Your backbone appears to be adjusting for the extra weight of your breasts. I cannot see if you have grooving from your bra strap in your shoulders or rashes.  I would see a Plastic Surgeon for evaluation.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Breast Reduction often symptoms

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for breast reduction and also to create some better symmetry of your breasts. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Breast Reduction for Teenager

+1

It sounds like you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for the frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.

It sounds like you have done your homework and understand the potential risk and consultations associated with breast reduction surgery. You also understand that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).

I would suggest an in-person consultation with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Criteria for Breast Reduction

+1

If you are asking if you are a candidate based on your size and symptoms, then yes you are. If you are asking if you are a candidate that would qualify for insurance coverage, you may or may not be. You need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to evaluate you and submit to your insurance for pre authorization. Each insurance company has its own criteria for qualification, and it would depend on what type of policy you have. Your plastic surgeons office should be able to help you get approval.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Is breast reduction right for you?

+1

From your brief history and the photos (very helpful), it appears that you are a great candidate for breast reduction.  See a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Best wishes!

Carmen Kavali, MD

Breast reduction candidate

+1

You may very well be a candidate for a breast reduction.  A breast reduction can lift th breasts and remove excess volume.  It will not improve on stretch  marks.  As for coverage of the surgery you would have to check your insurance coverage criteria.