Tummy Tuck Recovery vs Hysterectomy Recovery?

Are the 2 recoveries similar, I can remember the gas pains being bad after hysterectomy, should I expect gas pains after a fully tummy tuck, lipo and muscle repair. I am planning 2 weeks off work and then posssibly working 2 weeks at home, will this be sufficient time for a good recovery?

High Scar After Tummy Tuck

+2

It is not uncommon for women to have had both of these procedures. Some think the TT was more painful, some the hysterectomy. 

The TT has a much longer incision, but no surgery within the abdominal cavity, so the gas pains you had are less likely. 

Unless you do heavy physical work, you are taking plenty of time off.

Thanks, best wishes for a quick recovery. 

Tummy Tuck Recovery vs Hysterectomy Recovery

+1
Each surgeon has his or her own guidelines for postoperative care. Patients generally can return to light activity 7 to 10 post surgery. More strenuous activity can generally begin 2 to 6 months post surgery. Women vary on whether they find tummy tuck or hysterectomy more painful, and much is dependent on the scope of each procedure. Consult your surgeon has he or she understands the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS