Tummy Tuck Price Range in Minneapolis, MN

I am 24 years old 5 "4" and 140lbs. I have 3 kids two of which are 2 year old twins. I have loose skin and some fat. How much should I expect to spend on a tummy tuck in Minneapolis, MN?

The cost for tummy tuck like other cosmetic surgery varies considerably across the country and even in the same area. South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We charge starting at $4000 + MD Anesthesia related expenses for a modified tummy tuck. With a complete tummy tuck being more. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work with personalized care at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Costs of Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your post.
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
In general, a revision costs less than the original tummy tuck, but this depends on the extent of the revision and what is being done.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Prices Will Vary In The Twin Cities

Dear mb55404, I am partners with Dr Tholen and I would also be more than happy to see you to discuss the options available to you after listening to your needs and expectations. All our consultations are free of charge. Prices will vary in the Twin Cities but we charge the same price for the same procedures. After taking into account board certification, experience and patient results/satisfaction. Make sure that your surgeon listens to what you want and understands your needs. Good luck and perhaps we will meet.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck cost estimate in Minneapolis.

My office will be happy to provide you with an EXACT cost (not just an estimate), since you were kind enough to include a photo that allows me to tell you to ask Sarah (my Director of Patient Services; ask for her specifically) for a cost quote for "Tummy tuck; 2 1/2 hours of OR time."

Sarah can also send you some information about me, our office staff and accredited surgical facility, and arrange for a complimentary consultation with me at a convenient time for you.

When you compare prices from various plastic surgeons' offices, make sure you are receiving TOTAL costs, and ask if any of the quoted prices are estimates, or if any bills will be sent to you separately (like anesthesia). This sometimes alters the cost quote significantly. Also ask if re-operation for bleeding is included, or if that is a separate cost. Finally, ask about touch-up surgery or re-do operations--what is the policy on this and who pays for what?

Also, remember "cheap" is not best. One of my favorite aphorisms is "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." Nowhere is this more true than in cosmetic surgery!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.  You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.