Tummy tuck drains removed two days ago. Why is the burning sensation at the drain site getting worse?

I had the drains removed 5 days post op, and it is now two days later, and the burning on one of the holes has only gotten worse. The surrounding area is not red, and the PS's nurse didn't think it was a big deal. At this point the burning from the hole is more painful than the healing from the rest of the surgery. Should I be concerned? Or is this type of pain normal? I should note that the drain was placed directly into the crease between my pelvis, and leg, so it gets a lot of movement.

Tummy tuck

+1
This can be from a number of reasons.  Were any products used during drain removal that could still be acting as irritants.  Have you used any other creams or ointments other than antibiotic ointment.  These wounds should close quickly and heal.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

A tummy tuck can be done as a solitary procedure. Many times the results are enhanced by adding liposuction to the hip and love handle area. A tummy tuck is also done in combination with a breast augmentation in a mommy makeover.

Drains

+1
This should improve with time and you might want to have your PS prescribe an antibiotic such as Cipro to diminish any inflammation at the drain site.  Antibacterial ointment such as Polysporin ointment applied twice daily will help as well covered with a Telfa pad

Malcolm D. Paul, MD