Will It Hurt to Get a Herbal Body Wrap After Tummy Tuck?

I'm about one month out from a full abdominoplasty w/ liposuction on my flanks and tummy. At first I healed extremely well and my swelling was going down progressively. Then I got a virus. I probably also ate too much salt as well and took meds like Benadryl. Then I swelled up ...even my eyelids....I was really retaining water.

I've been able to get most of the swelling under some control, but I still have a thick swollen patch right above my incision. I'm doing some exercise and self massage. My doc is out of town for the next few weeks. I'm considering doing a detox body wrap. Is there any harm in this?

Don't do the wrap

+2

Do not do this if there is any warmth involved.

This is a common area for hardening and fibrosis due to the compromised blood supply. Placing warm wraps over this area may further aggravate the hardness and firmnesse

Body wraps and post-op tummy tuck

+1

Before undergoing any type of body wrap I would clear it with your doctor. I know that you mentioned your doctor is out of town, but I am sure he is being covered by someone else.

Herbal body wrap and tummy tucks

+1

Tummy tucks are very popular and effective way to contour the abdomen. Patients undergoing this procedure should understand that there is a significant covert process afterwards. In our practice, we commonly provide the patient with two compression garments that they may use after surgery. If you receive a herbal body wrap one month after surgery and all your decisions are closed and healing without difficulty, each experience no untoward effects.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Pat Pazmino, MD

Do nothing without your doctor's input

+1

It sounds like you may be having some delayed healing in an area of your tummy tuck. I would not do anything without the advice of your surgeon. Hopefully he is still closely following your progress.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon