Can I Have a Tummy Tuck After an Abortion?
- Asked by Breanna james in portage mi
- 1 year ago
My husband had a vesactomy 3 months ago. I found out I was pregnant had a medical abortion. Will my surgens to got ahead with my tummy tuck?
Tummy Tuck after Abortion?
Thank you for the question.
I'm sorry to hear about the stressful. You have just gone through; you may want to give yourself time to “recover” emotionally and physically, prior to undergoing the tummy tuck operation.
The tummy tuck operation is a major operation which often involves its own significant physical and emotional recovery. A few words of advice may be helpful:
1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself) and that you have realistic expectations. Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life situation. You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.
2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.
3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.
4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.
5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina of your caretakers.
6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.
7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.
8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).
9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the emotional swings that you may experience.
10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.
11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.
I hope this helps.
First consult your Gynecologist
After such a prosedure a tummy tuck should not be a problem. Still you should not undergo the surgery until your Gynecologist has given green light to make sure everyhthing goes well.
Web reference: http://vanitymiami.com/tummy-tuck-miami/
Yes, after a gynecologic procedure, it is okay to have a tummy tuck. You would still need an evaluation to make sure you are a good surgical candidate and that a tummy tuck is appropriate for you.
Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com
No reason not to have a tummy tuck
It does not appear that you should have a problem with a tummy tuck after you have had an abortion. I would recommend waiting a week or two afterwards to make sure you have recovered from the first procedure.
Previous Abortion Will Not Interfere With Tummy Tuck
The fact that you have had a previous abortion should in no way influence whether or not you are a candidate for a tummy tuck.
Can I have a Tummy Tuck after an abortion?
There should be no problem with you proceeding with a tummy tuck following an abortion. You need to wait several weeks though for things to settle down and make sure there is no infection. You should also seek the advice of your gynecologist in addtion to you rplastic surgeon for best timing. Good luck!
Web reference: http://drlefkovits.com
Tummy Tuck possible after Abortion
As long as there is no remaining swelling or change in your abdominal wall as a result of your procedure, there should be no reason you cannot proceed with your planned tummy tuck.
Web reference: http://www.orlandomommymakeover.com
Yes, it can be done
Sorry to hear about what you have gone through. The surgery can be performed without any problems. You may want to wait a some time to sort everything out.
Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com/
Tummy Tuck - Can I Have a Tummy Tuck After an Abortion?
Probably, but you'll have to work out the timing with your PS.
In general, I advise waiting 3-6 months after a PREGNANCY before undergoing any elective surgery. This has to do with persistent swelling, an increase in the risk of bleeding and the general instability of one's body versus a cosmetic procedure. An abortion is obviously somewhat different but, depending on the extent to which it has affected your body, it may not be entirely so.
Either way, discuss this with your PS. You may need to postpone the surgery but if that's what indicated, based on all the available factors, then that will be to your ultimate advantage.
I hope that this helps, and good luck,
Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com
Tummy tuck after an abortion?
An abortion can increase your likelihood to have blood clots after surgery. Most cautious surgeons would want you to wait several weeks for this risk to be minimized. Call your plastic surgeon and let them know ASAP to see if you need to be rescheduled. Best of Luck, Dr. Kerr