Can I V-Beam my Ears?

My ears have both small veins and diffuse redness that gets very red with either exercise or alcohol. Can ear skin be V-Beamed safely?

Vbeam laser to the ears

VBeam laser can be applied successfully to the skin of the ears.  VBeam is used to reduce redness and broken capillaries. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

V-Beam can be used on the ears

Yes, V-Beam can be used to treat small blood vessels and diffuse redness on the ears.  Depending on the diameter and color of the blood vessels, as well as your background pigmentation, an Nd:  Yag or KTP laser may be better suited for the blood vessels on the ears.  I recommend that you schedule an in-person evaluation with a board-certified dermatologist with experience in lasers to help determine the best treatment option for you. 

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

V beam for ear

Although ear veins can be safety treated with V-beam one should have a complete medical workup before the procedure to rule out other systemic causes of blushing.

Hooman Khorasani, MD

Yes you can V-Beam your ears

There actually is a smaller hand piece to treat tiny areas which have blood vessels.  I have safely treated all areas of the body with V-Beam including face, ears, neck, chest, back, trunk, and legs.  It is a remarkably safe and effective laser.

VBeam can be used on the ears

Thank you for your question.  The VBeam can be used on the ears but there may be a small chance of bruising and you may need multiple treatments.

V Beam on ears okay

The V Beam can safely be used to treat dilated veins and redness on the ears safely.  In general, a few treatments are usually needed for optimal results.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD

VBeam can be used on ears to treat small vessels (telangiectasias)

Yes, the VBeam is excellent for treatment of vessels on the ears.  The only place it doesn't work well is on the legs because the pressure in these vessels is higher and the vessels are deeper.

Steven F. Weiner, MD