What Can I Do to Minimize Potential Hyperpigmentation by Vbeam?

I haven't had V beam done yet. Im doing it for a ruddy/red area near my nasal fold area from acne scarring which is now surface level. What pre cautions can i take to minimize the side effects such as hyper pigmentation or prolonged erythema. Im taking vitamin K and Arnica supplements and milk thistle. I also Custom made a soothing beta glucan/HA gel to put on under some vaseline. Anything else? Thanks =)

Avoiding hyperpigmentation after Vbeam

+1

If you have a light skin type, it is unlikely that you have to worry about hyperpigmentation following vbeam.  Nevertheless, strict sun avoidance just prior to and following the vbeam procedure, making sure your skin is not tanned is the best thing to do to prevent any hyperpigmentation.  Remember to use a good physical sun block following treatment as well.

Minimizing Hyperpigmentation from VBeam

+1

Thank you for your question.  I don't think you will need the Vaseline, and depending on your skin type, the risk of pigmentation is really low if you are not too dark in skin color.  Have a test spot done first, and talk with your provider about pretreatment with Hydroquinone and Retin-A.

Bay Area Dermatologist

V beam laser and hyperpigmentation

+1

The V beam laser works great for treating spider veins or red areas on the face.  The most important thing you can do to avoid any hyperpigmentation from the treatment is to make sure your skin is not tanned or sun burned.  You want your skin to be your lightest normal color.  I would try to avoid sun to your face as much as possible before the treatment and be sure to wear sunscreen.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon