Can You Correct Tuberous Breast Without Implants? (photo)

I am concerned about cancer. It apparently runs in my dad's side of the family. I like life and I heard a lot of pros and cons stories of women going under the knife. My breasts are really snoopy. I only think they are normal when a room is cold and my nipples and areola shrivel and harden. My left breast has a large hanging areola. Right breast is kind of normal. but also has large hanging areola. Not as much as the left one though... IS THERE ANY way to fix this? Maybe an areola reduction?

Can I fix Tuberous breasts without implants?

+1

The short answer is yes.  I agree with the other surgeons who have commented on your question.  The best method for addressing your concern is by injected your own fat to widen the breast footprint and lower pole of the breast. In conjunction with an areolar reduction, you would get a very nice result without an implant.  However you must understand that final breast volume would be less than that achievable by using implants.  Good luck with your decision.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting works wonderfully

+1

the latest techniques for correction of small and asymmetric breasts including breast deformity with tuberous issues is to use fat grafting techniques. This technique which is now widely utilized by many surgeons in both the United States and in Europe creates a wider base for the breast and increase his volume in the areas which require correction of this deformity. This is the ideal method for correction without an implant or he can be utilized with an implant in addition.

Web reference: http://www.mybreastreconstruction.com

Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Can Use Fat Grafting for this and Avoid Implants

+1

Your condition can be treated with natural fat transplantation, in one or two sessions.  Your breast footprint (the base) can be widened using fat, and the herniated areola can be addressed with an areolar reduction. 

This is the way that many tubular breasts will likely  be treated in the future.  See an example at the link below.

Best Regards,

Dr Del Vecchio

Web reference: http://www.bostonbreastcenter.org/before--after-gallery.html

The Question was: is it possible Without Implants? The Answer is Yes

+1

Your condition can be treated with natural fat transplantation, in one or two sessions.  Your breast footprint (the base) can be widened using fat, and the herniated areola can be addressed with an areolar reduction.  

This is the way that many tubular breasts will likely  be treated in the future.  See an example at the link below.

Bets Regards,

Dr Del Vecchio

bostonbreastcenter

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Some  improvement in the  condition of your breasts may be achieved through circumareolar reduction surgery;  this procedure will serve to reduce the areola size as well as remove some of the “herniated” breast tissue that leads to the “snoopy"  appearance of the breasts.

However, without the  use of breast implants, it will not be possible to decrease the  distance between the breasts or  “round out” the lower poles  of the breasts.  Improving the cleavage area and rounding out the lower poles of the breasts are often major concerns for patients undergoing surgery for correction of tuberous breasts.

The use of fat injection may become  more common in the future.

I would suggest that you consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with your breasts type.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tubularbreasts.htm

Tuberous breasts

+1

Tuberous breasts often need an implant to expand the lower pole of the breast and the areola needs to be reduced with implosion of the herniated breast tissue.

Correction of tuberous breasts by breast lift alone.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Yes, a breast lift around the nipple will help a good bit.

For complete correction, the addition of a breast implant would fill out your breast base and give you fuller volume.

See two or more board-certified plastic surgeons if you are seriously considering surgery.

Best of Luck.

Tuberuus breast

+1

It looks like you do have assymetrical tuberous breasts with narrow and restricted breast tissue in their bases. You do have protruded and enlarged areolas. If you do not desire larger breasts your condition can be improved with surgery through reduction of areoals and releasing bases of your breasts to redistribute your breast parenchyma in more balanced fashion and give you a more natural looks. 

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts and implants

+1

I don't know whether your photos got flipped, but it appears that you have bilateral tuberous deformities, more severe on the right side.

A lift with areola reduction combined with release of the base of the breast can certainly improve the situation without the use of breast implants.  However, you would get a better result with a lift/areola reduction AND breast augmentation.  This is because the implant will add volume at the base of the breast where it is abnormally narrow.

There has never been a research study done which has demonstrated an increased risk of breast cancer (or any other cancer) in women with breast implants.  In fact several studies have demonstrated a slightly decreased risk.  So, if you want to get the problem fixed, go see an experienced,  board-certified plastic surgeon and explore your options.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Correcting tuberous breasts without implants.

+1

Currently the safest way to correct a tuberous breast deformity is with breast implants. Implants have not been shown to increase the risk of breast cancer and may in fact make it easier to detect a new cancer on self exam.  This because they compress the breast forward to make lump more likely to be felt through the skin.

A tuberous breast as severe as that shown in the photos above is otherwise very difficult to fix.  

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/breast/augmentation-westchester-ny/