Best Treatment for Upper Skin Wrinkles and Pebbly Skin?

I have never smoked.

Comprehensive treatment for upper lip wrinkles

+1

I assume you meant upper lip wrinkles. It's a combination of dynamic, static and textural changes that should be addressed. Daily sun protection and smoking cessation (if you are a smoker) goes without saying. Avoid drinking out of a straw, playing wind instrument, and whistling will minimize the dynamic wrinkle of upper lip.

Regular application prescription-strength retinoid is the foundation. Fillers using hyaluronic acid (Restylane or Juvederm) and soon to be available Evolence Breeze will address the loss of volume and static wrinkles. In a hand of very experienced board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon Botox injector, 1-2 unit of Botox can make bring about a dramatic difference though one may experience undesirable changes in phonation.

Fractional co2 laser is a new standard of care for static wrinkle and textural changes due to sun damage, smoking, prior acne scarring for upper lip and the entire face. Before you commit to fractional co2 laser resurfacing, do your research and seek out a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has performed at least 50 cases of your skin type. Run away if no discussion took place during your initial consultation of possible risks, complications, or steps to minimize them.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Cosmetic_Dermatology.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.