Best Treatment Options for my Acne Scars? (photo)

I am considering having subcison done for my moderately severe rolling and boxcar scars on both cheeks.I was wondering if my shallower boxcar scars would benefit for this procedure as well. And what the average cost of subcison is for both cheeks? Would I also benefit from any other treatment to improve skin texture and volume with fillers?

Acne Scar Treatments

+1

The average cost of subcision varies; you should check with your dermatologist for a price quote.  I do find that subcision, while effective for the type of acne scars pictured, works best when combined with another type of acne scar treatment.  Subcision can be most useful when performed prior to laser treatments, such as the Fraxel or Fractional CO2 laser.  Fillers are another way to improve the texture of acne scars - they provide an immediate benefit, but the results are temporary (since they do not stimulate the body's own collagen to fill in acne scars, as lasers do.)