What is the Best Treatment for Acne Scars in Scalp?

Can acne scars on the scalp be treated with resurfacing methods (dermabrasion)? Would it make any difference in terms of pigmentation and healing compared to resurfacing applied to tha face?

Scalp Scarring from Acne

+1

It shouldn't make a difference. You still have a lot of pilosebaceous units there with skin cells deep to resurface your scalp. It would help if I had pictures. But most of the time I suggest a multilayered approach with co2 laser resurfacing. We have made some significant strides in Acne Scarring.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars in the scalp are rare, and can be difficult to treat

+1

Without pictures, it would be very difficult to recommend a treatment.  Since acne scars is a very rare finding on the scalp, then I think it should be first evaluated by a dermatologist before a treatment can be suggested.

Daniel I. Wasserman, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon