I've Been Touching Nose After Rhinoplasty, Will I Damage My Results?

I've been touching my nose A LOT after rhinoplasty and accidently hit my nose twice. After reading how bad touching it is after rhinoplasty I am TERRIFIED that I have caused some damage to my new nose. Right now my nose still looks perfect. I have thick skin and have not noticed any changes. and I hate myself for possibly ruining my new nose. I am 2 weeks post op and 1 week has passed since the cast was removed. Do you think I have ruined my nose??

Touching Nose 2 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+2

It is unlikely you've done any harm touching your nose after your nasal cast was removed, but the obvious , appropriate response is to tell you not to do it. Talk to your surgeon!

Touching

+2

It is unlikely that you have caused any permanent harm. You would have to push to thepoint of pain for any real damage

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Everything should be fine, talk to your surgeon

+2

Everything should be fine, but please talk to your surgeon to ensure in person.  good luck with your outcome!

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Treating your nose after rhinoplasty

+2

It sounds like everything is fine. If you are concerned ask your doctor. Be kind to you nose and try not to bang it again.

Dr. Korman

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Touching nose after rhinoplasty

+2

if one is concerned that he/she has damaged the nose after a rhinoplasty a simple visit to the operating surgoen might provide a lot of reassurance.  in general light touching is likely to cause problems.  getting hit in the nose after rhinoplasty is an other issue.  i have seen that cause big problems and decrease the quality of the result.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon