Horizontal Line Under my Nose After Lip Filler? (photo)

I had lip filler injected, since then everytime I smile I get a deep horizontal line above my upper lip, underneath my nose. It's very noticeable and did not happen before. I went back to the doctor who did it. He said he did not create this problem. I have pics of me at a social gathering 1 wk before the lip filler and I was smiling and laughing and the line wasn't there. He tried to fix it by injecting botox into the line to relax it, it did not work. I look like a freak.

Sideways line after lip filler

+1

This line occurred because the filler stiffened the part of your lip farther from your nose. You can either have some of that reversed, or have some filler added even further up toward your nose to stiffen that skin as well, whatever would look the best.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Horizontal Line Under my Nose After Lip Filler?

+1

Enzymatic degrading of the overfilled area as well as additional filler to the line can help the appearance here.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Horizontal Line under nose after Juvederm in the upper lip??

+1

Unfortunately, if you create an area of fullness, the area adjacent to it can look like a valley. This is a common problem when making the lips too full.  You have to fold somewhere. Perhaps the lips could be a touch smaller or you can consider having the philthrum columns injected which could act like support stays to prevent the upper lip folding all the way back.  In any case the product will surely go down with time.  

Sam Naficy, MD

+1

Very common result seen in upper lip fillers. The process is to reduce the vertical lines in the upper lip above the red mucosa. There are due to thinning of the dermis and the action of the orbicularis oris muscle horizontal contraction of its fibers causing these vertical lines.  Thus if filling these areas thickens the dermis when animating or smiling the contraction is limited leading to this horizontal fold occurring. Allow metabolize of the filler than you will see this fold disappear. There are ALWAYS risks/benefits to fillers. 

Patience.

+1

I would advise patience and diligence. Patience will allow the overfill to be minimal and resolve on its own. Diligence will help you find the right surgeon to minimize these risks. Trying to keep treating this area to try and fix it , risks worsening it.

I would suggest you follow up with your surgeon if you do not see resolution.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon