How Can I Tell if my Breast Tissue is Torn?

I had implants placed above the muscle. 1 hour after I woke up, I got out of bed and felt a PAINFUL rip in my upper/inner cleavage in my right boob. Next day, I told my doctor, who said everything was fine. I had 3 other post-ops within 1 year, each time showed him the indent in my upper/inner cleavage where I felt the rip, and he said it's fine. But I feel it pulling when I lay down... is it torn breast tissue?

Can someone tell me if this is normal? Will it get worse if it's not repaired?

Breast implants

+1

The feeling you had may have just been normal post-op discomfort that can feel like searing or tearing pain. If you are unhappy with dents or irregularities of your implants, you should talk to your doctor about adjusting the implants.

Need a revision if unhappy with breast implants after one year.

+1

Hi.

I am not sure what's wrong.  It's possible you ripped something.  In any case, if you are not happy with your  breast implants after a year., something has to be done.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Implant and Dent

+1
I would say you didnt tear anything as it is unlikely, specially since the implant is placed in front of the muscle.
The indent you see may possibly be the implant ripple as you are in front of the muscle and dont have the muscle covering the implant.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Difficult to say from your description: breast tissue does not usually tear.

+1

This is a difficult question to answer. Breast tissue generally does not tear. However the muscle can. Given the above muscle location of your implants, this would be highly unlikely.

There are numerous potential imaging techniques you could potentially use to make a diagnosis. However, this could be quite costly and in the end the question will be if you would treat or correct the problem.

If your condition remains stable, I would not pursue and additional intervention until such time that you need a revision.

You may want to obtain a second opinion.