Did I Take the Rib Belt Off Too Early After a Gynecomastia Operation? Chest Is Sagging.

Hi,I had a gynecomastia liposuction 2.5 weeks ago. I took off the rib belt 10 days post-op (was moving a lot too, but not gyming). I’ve had the belt off for a week & now the breast looks really saggy! No fat,but just skin&lumps.The results looked fantastic the 1st week (chiseled breast for the 1st time ever) - Will the rib belt work if I wear it now? Or too late? - Workout chest sooner than later? - What else to do? The “roller coaster” in results is really depressing. Please help, thx a lot in advance

Compression garment after gynecomastia surgery

+1
I generally advise that patients wear their garment day and night for 3 weeks. You should only remove the garment if you wash it or you take a shower. From 3 to 6 weeks, the garment should be worn during the day, but you can take it off at night. However, each surgeon has their own advice so it's better to ask them.

The length of time that you need to wear a garment after gynecomastia surgery

+1
The length of time that you need to wear a garment after gynecomastia surgery depends upon how much work was done and the degree of redundant breast tissue and skin that you have. This is a question best answered by your plastic surgeon.

Results following gynecomastia surgery

+1

Dear Patient, The post operative change you are experiencing is most likely due to the swelling decreasing. Any skin laxity that you are currently experiencing may improve over time. If it does not improve you may need additional skin tightening treatments such as Thermage. If the excess skin is significant, having it removed surgically may be necessary to obtain the results that you desire.

Teanoosh Zadeh, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia Results?

+1

It is not unusual to have a “roller coaster” with swelling and/or  emotions after gynecomastia correction surgery. The use of the garment may continue to be effective. Contained a follow-up with your plastic surgeon for guidance.

Chest garment

+1

A compression garment in my opinion helps with swelling and conforming of the tissues to adhere to the skin.  But you should ask your surgeon.

Delayed Result

+1

The compression garment is very important with gynecomastia surgery.  I am sure your surgeon explained.  I would keep it on day and night for a total of 4 to 6 weeks.  The tissue must stick down properly.  The swelling will  go up and down for 2 to 3 months.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD