Will Titan Laser Work on Nasolabial Folds?

I have heard that the Titan laser is very effective when used on the jawline, chin and neck areas. What about the rest of the face, especially the nasolabial folds? How effective can it be for a person who is just starting to sag (mid forties)?

Titan results are very unimpressive in general

+5

Titan and Thermage are both treatments intended to tighten the skin without surgery. Unfortunately, I have met many patients who have spent thousands of dollars on these treatments and came to me disappointed saying they "got nothing from the treatment." Be careful and make sure the physician you are seeing can show you MANY pictures of THEIR OWN real live patients whose results are impressive enough to you that you want to take a chance on the treatment. But don't expect much...

Does Titan laser work on nasolabial folds

+1

Although Titan works very well on achieving overall skin tightening on the face, neck, and body, the one area that might be problematic are the nasolabial folds.  it's even quite common for patients who've undergone facelifts still feel that their nasolabial folds start to become prominent very soon after the facelift and still require fillers.  You'll get about 20-30% tightening after 3-4 treaments a month apart which will help with the nasolabial folds but if they're deep, you'll most likely still need fillers.  It may cut down on the total amount of filler needed.

M. Christine Lee, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Titan works great on loose crepey skin

+1

The Titan procedure is affective on loose crepey skin on the face, jawline, neck as well as other areas on the body such as the knees, abdomen and arms especially  for someone  going into their fourties.  Generally for the nasolabial folds, an injectable filler such as Juvederm may be more affective.   An individual assessment would be required.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

At Rejuvenation Center we get excellent results with Titan, particularly when used as part of the3D

+1

It does work to improve nasolabial folds, if the treatment is properly performed. It is of utmost importance that the person performing the treatment have enough experience or chances are results will be less than gratifying. Titan does work better in younger patients with good skin but that does not mean that it can't offer improvement in others. While not a replacement for facelift in patients that really need facelift, it is a superb addition to list of non-surgical rejuvenative procedures.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD

Titan might help, but results can be variable

+1

I have been using the Titan system for several years because it is very safe, well tolerated, and has no downtime. I have been most impressed with the results for skin tightening of the abdomen after childbirth, liposuction, and weight loss. (It does not replace lipsuction for excess fat removal, nor tummy tuck for severe skin laxity) The results on the face, however, can be variable. In general, it works best on younger patients (under 50). It can refine the jaw line area and can soften the nasolabial folds in patients refusing filler injections. Go to www.drmarylupo.com for more information.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist