Is Tingling Feeling After Rhinoplasty Normal Where Bump Was Removed?

I am 4 weeks post op and I had a small bump removed after rhinoplasty. I keep having this tingling feeling every once in a while where the bump was removed and it looks like it is coming back slightly. I am very worried! Is this tingling feeling normal?

TIngling after rhinoplasty

+1

Unusual sensations in the nose can be normal. Often the skin is numb and as swelling goes down the sensation usually improves.

Tingling feeling after rhinoplasty is part of healing

+1
Unusual sensations and tingling after rhinoplasty is part of the normal pattern of healing as the nerves recover where your hump was removed. The sensations should pass over time.

Nose Numbness

+1

During rhinoplasty the nerves that supply sensation to the skin get pulled and stretched.  Although it depends a bit on what exactly was done during your procedure, having some numbness after the procedure is entirely normal.  I typically tell my patients to expect some numbness of the nose that may last several months.  

The fact that you are starting to get some return of feeling is a very good sign.  If there is some return of sensation, chances are it will all return.  However, it can be rather slow...sometimes up to 6-8 months!  Hopefully it will be nothing more than an annoyance to you.

Andrew Winkler, MD
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon