I Just Had Tickle Lipo and I Was in an Incredible Amount of Pain During and After, Is This Normal?

I just had Tickle Lipo and I was in an incredible amount of pain during and after. Also a tremendous amount of bruising. Everything I was told about tickle lipo from the dr. and everything I have read says pain and bruising should be minimal. The entire procedure was incredibly painful! I never would have done it if I had known I would be in such pain for almost three hours and then the recovery. Is this normal? Did I get duped?

Pain during a liposuction

+1

The pain is relative to the type of anesthesia and the skill of the person administering the anesthesia. Bruising can happen whenever liposuction is done and does go away in time.  I would not say you were duped by the procedure itself. Tickle liposuction can hurt just like all other liposuction, if they promised you something else, it is likely due to the type of anesthesia used, likely tumescent anesthesia and their competence with it and not the tickle procedure.

Liposuction

+1

Surgery without appropriate anesthesia is painful not matter what the surgery is. The level of anesthesia you had was obviously not appropriate for the surgery you had. If you were sold on a procedure under local anesthesia as being safer with quicker recovery etc. you were duped, especially if the tickle term was used to make the surgery sound less invasive. It is not normal if the surgeon is fully trained, ethical and empathetic.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

Sorry to say , "you were SOLD!"  You must be careful out there. Was the surgeon a boarded PS? Why under awake local without some IV sedation? Did you receive a full pre operative workup? And finally DUPED? You bet!

Tickle liposuction and pain, bruising

+1

Thank you for your question.  It seems that every day there is a new method of liposuction that claims to be superior to every other method out there.  Unfortunately, as you have found out,  "tickle lipo" appears to be yet another of the old adage "if it seems to be too good to be true"........There is no good evidence that "tickle liposuction" will result in any  less pain and bruising than the traditional tumescent liposuction as performed by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Thank you for sharing your experiences. 

Donald M. Brown, MD

Liposuction Advances May Be All Hype

+1

Tumescent liposuction by an experienced surgeon is the state of the art. Everything else is just hype and marketing.

We all think just because something is newer, it must be better. Unfortunately, that is often just another way to get duped.

Sorry, but thanks for writing. Your experience may help others.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon