Sutures and Compression Garment After Tickle Lipo?

Do you have sutures that ooze and do you have to wear a compression wrap after this type of lipo (like you would with SmartLipo).

Compression garment after liposuction

In most cases, some sort of compression garment or wrap is worn for at least 1-2 weeks after any type of liposuction. The use of sutures depends on location, size of incision and surgeon preference.

Liposuction post-op care

Like standard tumescent liposuction, and Laser-assisted liposuction, Tickle liposuction requires small incision sites around the treatment area to insert the tumescent solution, and the cannulas to remove the unwanted fatty deposits. Sometimes the sites are sutured but often they are left open to assist with fluid drainage. For almost all patients, compression garments are worn for approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the procedure.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Post op Tickle Lipo

Regardless of the method of liposuction, I recommend compression garments for 4-6 weeks.   In addition, it is common to have drainage from the incision for 48 hours.   I wish you a safe and happy result.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Liposuction and sutures

regardless of liposuction, whether smartlipo, conventional tumescent, jet, powered, or other names, some physicians suture their insertion sites and others leave them open to drain and heal. There is no one correct way of doing this.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Regarding: "Sutures and Compression Garment After Tickle Lipo?
Do you have sutures that ooze and do you have to wear a compression wrap after this type of lipo (like you would with SmartLipo
)."

Liposuction is liposuction. The procedure involves placing a swelling (tumescent ) solution in the fat to increase the target area and stiffness of the fat while driving out a lot of the blood thereby limiting blood losses with the Liposuction. Tickle lipo uses saline to actually chisel and dislodge fat which is then suction. Laser lipo uses a hot fiber to heat and cook the fat - the resulting fatty emulsion is then vacuumed with suction. VASER lipo selection uses ultrasound waves to shake a dislodge the fat making it easier to vacuum away with liposuction.

ALL these forms of liposuction produce inflammation and swelling. If openings are left open the fluid will come out quicker and the swelling will be shorter in duration. Compression garments reduce swelling and hasten healing. They are therefore used with all forms of liposuction.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Tickle Lipo aftercare

Post-operative care is nearly identical. Sutures are commonly but not always utilized. Wounds will ooze for typically up to 18 hours. Compression garments are freqeuntly employed. gf

Liposuction and garments

Each surgeon has a different post-op regimen and you shouyld follow your doctor's instructions.  I recommend a garment to my patients.