How Effective is Tickle Lipo?

having tickle lipo on upper/lower abs, outer thighs and arms? is it as effective as laser?

Gimmicky liposuctions are just what the name sounds like: Gimmicky!

+3

If you feel good about the doc and comfortable with his explanations and he has a lot of experience, then that is more important than a gimmicky lipo name.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Tickle Lipo has a definite role IMO (but it's not magic)

+2

I'll disagree with some of the prior comments. I like the Tickle Lipo platform, but it's no magic wand. It's best thought of as a power assisted liposuction (PAL) with some low frequency ultrasound effect. It's very efficent for fat removal and hurts noticably less then traditional in my assessment. I think the actual results are no significantly different then traditional

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Ultrasonic vs laser vs traditional liposuction??

+2

The bottom line is that the 2 most important determinants of a good liposuction result is choosing the best doctor and having the best skin elasticity.  If you don't have these two things, you won't get a great result regardless of whether you use ultrasonic, laser, or traditional liposuction.  

Dear patients, can we please put this to rest finally??!!

How many ways can we repackage the same procedure?

+2

Dear Akimber

This is just a propriety name for a type of ultrasonic liposuction.  There will never be a study establishing this as more or less effective than laser liposuction.   Ultimately it is not about the machine, it is about the surgeon.  I think it is worth asking yourself how good is your surgeon if they have to rely on the most gimmick methods.  Pure tumescent liposuction is still the safest method of liposuction.  This method is performed by dermatologic surgeons with small cannulas and has proven itself to be the safest form of liposuction.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

How effective is the Tickle Lipo?

+1

Until the Tickle Liposuction unit, the best method for liposuction was the traditional liposuction for the following reasons: Energy source, such as laser, radiowave, ultrasonic, added a new diminsion of complications because of the heat from the cannula. I have seen article after article of burns from such liposuction equipment. Of course, in the proper, skilled hands such complications are more rare.

Another disadvantage of laser or other energy sourced liposuction is the increase time it takes to perform the procedure. They are two step procedures in that first you must melt the fat, and then go back and liposuction the melted fat out.

The Tickle Lipo, contrary to what some think is not an ultrasonic energy source liposuction unit. There is minimal to no heat as it is subsonic. The true name is Nutational Infrasonic Liposuction  (NIL).

Now for the NIL advantages: The specific rotational movement actually only breaks down the fat and not the connective tissues. This procedure shortens the procedure by 25% or more, and because of its lack of damage to surrounding tissues, results in less bruising, swelling, and recovery time. The Vibration-like activity of the cannula tip reduces the pain during and after the procedure. General anesthesia is rarely needed.

An additional benefit is that, unlike laser,etc., it does not harm the Adipose Derived Regenerative Cells (ADRC), and if fat transfer is desired for volumizing the breast, face, hands or buttocks, the fat is more likely to survive, even more so that traditional liposuction.

With all of the above said, the most important factor is still the skill and experience of the surgeon.

For local anesthesia, the tumescent technique is still necessary regardless of the equipment.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Tickle lipo very effective

+1

Tickle lipo works great for me.  I like it because it allows me more precise control over where I remove fat and how much.  I also think that it is less traumatic to the fat than other forms of liposuction, so when we need to harvest fat for a fat transfer or Brazilian butt lift, the fat has improved viability.  Some of my patients have noticed improved results as soon as the next day with Tickle lipo, and this was never the case with ultrasonic liposuction!

The effects of liposuction, no matter what form (laser, ultrasonic, suction-assisted, or power assisted) all essentially perform the same function, but the ease with which good results can be obtained is not equal, and the same is true for the amount of trauma incurred to the tissue.    

It is still absolutely essential that the surgeon be skilled at liposuction, as you can get contour problems (bumps and divots) with all forms of lipo!

Tickle Lipo

+1

May mean sound wave lipo, effectiveness is surgeon dependent and than type dependent. Seek in person evaluations from boarded plastic surgeons.