Fat Transfer for Thin Calves?

I have thin little calves and would like a fuller look without implants. I'm fuller around the middle thighs and hip area. Can I have a fat transfer for this?

Fat transfer / injections to the Calf and legs

+1

Fat transfer is powerful way to move fat from an area of excess fat to any area in the body. Plastic surgeons are especially trained to transfer fat. A part of our practice is dedicated to fat transfers and injections. The most common areas of fat transfer in our practice is the face, breast, buttocks, hips, calves and ankles. Fat transfer to the legs is not very common, but requires experience and should be performed by a plastic surgeon with experience.

Web reference: http://www.georgiaplastic.com/body-procedures-atlanta/brazilian-buttock-lift/

Fat transfer to the calf

+1

Fat transfer is extremely powerful and effective technique to recontour the body. It is possible to perform liposuction and collect this fat and then subsequently clean it, process it, and transplant it to lower extremity. Keep in mind that when we do this, approximately percent of fat will dissipate on its own. Also note that your results will greatly depend on the thickness of the skin you have over your calf. If this skin is thin, you run the risk of obtaining a lumpy and uneven result. Your best bet is to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon with regular experience in calf recontouring. They may determine whether fat grafts or solid silicone gel implants may be the best solution for you.

Fat transfer or fat injections not good for skinny legs.

+1

Hi.

There is no good surgical solution for this.  Fat transfer is experimental.  I think calf implants are a terrible idea.  Calves can be built up with exercise  You will always find someone eager to operate on you, but don't do it.

Fat grafting only option left

+1

I agree with Dr. Placik's concerns regarding the survival of fat in this area. However, since an implant is not an option, fat grafting is the only option left. A Board certified plastic surgeon with experience in fat grafting techniques would be able to acheive a good result.

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/body/

Calves not a good location for fat transfer

+1

This is not an optimal place to perform fat grafting for several reasons:

1. It has a tendency to swell and accumulate fluid which can be detrimental to fat survival.
  2. The blood supply is often not as good as other portions of the body.
  3. The muscle is contained by a tight fascia and cause problems if injected excessively

Having said that, if you are young, healthy and otherwise in good condition, you may be a candidate for the procedure.