How Can I Correct my Skinny Legs?

What is the best thing to do about my skinny legs? I’ve always had them and they are literally extremely skinny. Should I consider Fat Grafting on my legs or put implants on them?

Skinny leg correction the old fashioned way

+2

At the risk of being stripped of my plastic surgeon credentials, I would spend the money on a trainer at the gym. Neither implants or fat grafting will likely give you the results you seek. A workout regimen focusing on your legs will give you better definition and more bulk.

Munster Plastic Surgeon

How Can I Correct my Skinny Legs

+1

There is no good way to correct skinny legs except with exercise and muscle building.  Fat grafting and implants are not necessarily an ideal solution.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Fat transfer or fat injections not good for skinny legs.

+1

Hi.

Fat transfer or fat injections is completely experimental and I don't recommend it for skinny legs.  Implants are a horrible idea.  I am sorry to tell you there is no good safe surgical solution for this. You will seldom hear a cosmetic surgeon say this!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Both options valid, depends on what you need

+1

Very good question.

As you mentioned the two available options are implants & fat grafting. I have used both options. The implant option is a simple straight forward answer for a patient with unilateral leg atrophy.The muscle in the back of the leg was deficient and this was an ideal answer.

Fat grafting works better for a circumferential correction (all around the leg); it requires more work, but it works well.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS