Thermigen Vs Ultherapy?

Which is more effective for chin/jowl skin tightening ?

Thermigen Vs Ultherapy?

+2

I have read the previous experts testimonies to the Ultherapy effect being better than the Thermigen RF treatments. If my colleagues took the time to fully understand these two therapies or treatments they would see these modalities are like comparing apples to oranges! One is "external", non invasive, applied to the skin surface while the other is minimal invasive. Yes with minimal invasion the skin is incised! These modalities address the skin/fat in such a different technologies. Than it is easy to see that in true expert hands the minimal invasive treatments of Thermigen RF can obtain excellent results in many body areas not just the face/neck as with the non invasive ultrasound, Ultherapy. If fact, Thermigen RF is being used to treat face, neck, under eyes, axillary fold, upper arms, breasts, abdomen, waist flanks, back, thighs, vaginal area offering impressive skin tightening and fat reduction of the sub dermal fat layer. In my hands I would offer the Thermigen to tighten the chin/jowls much over this external heating concept. But again that is my personal opinion. The test of time will be needed to demonstrate the ease of these therapies. Though I would recommend the prospective patient see doctor providers of both therapies. 

Ulterhapy for jowl areas

+1
I have used Ultherapy for the jowls and face/neck since 2011 and find it very effective for skin tightening in these areas with little or no down time and high effectiveness in appropriately chosen patients.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Thermigen Vs Ultherpy? Thermigen showing great results

+1

As a facial plastic surgeon, my expectations for results are very high. A new device has to offer a significant improvement to make an impression compared to what surgical results can deliver.Thermage was the first widely marketed radio frequency which delivered very inconsistent and slight results.Next Ulthera hit the market.Using ultrasound energy to heat up the skin and stimulate collagen, Ulthera aims to deliver an improvement to more patients more consistently.Several of my colleagues feel that they do get good results on the right candidate.Personally, I found the treatments painful and not effective.The pain can be significantly reduced by using injections of local anesthesia.Once injections of local anesthesia are being introduced, they open the door to allowing the comfortable use of delivering the tightening energy to underneath the skin surface.Thermigen technology, ThermiTight,ThermiLift, ThermiDry, ThermiRase, all allow for the comfortable introduction of the radio frequency technology to directly stimulate the collagen layers underneath the skin surface.I've been using the technology for six months and have been very impressed with the consistency and degree of results.It takes a lot to impress as a surgeon but it is an improvement delivered without surgery and minimal downtime.

Yael Halaas M.D. F.A.C.S.

Yael Halaas, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thermigen Vs Ultherapy

+1
I am very familiar with both procedures as I was one of the first to perform Ultherapy in Southern California when it first came out. I have also been performing the Thermigen/Thermiaesthetic procedure for several months now with excellent results. I am very happy with both.
If someone has mild chin/jowl laxity, I would recommend Ultherapy focusing on those specific areas. But I think that Thermigen is more effective and has a longer lasting effect. It is a relatively new, cutting edge procedure that uses radiofrequency to create energy to heat up the underlying tissue. What makes it unique is that we are using specific temperatures to affect different parts of the underlying skin. It is a bit more invasive than other procedures as we introduce a probe directly under the skin to heat up the tissue directly. We also have the benefit of having an infrared camera that will identify the areas that we have treated as well as showing the hottest part of the skin to help prevent burns. Keep in mind though that it is more involved than Ultherapy and may have a bit more of a downtime. 

Carlo Honrado, MD

I have the Ulthera and have seen Thermigen. Please read my discussion to get a better idea.

+1

My clients have been very happy with the results they have seen with the Ulthera.  They can walk in and do anything they want to do afterwards.  Thermigen is quite similar to the new Precision Tx laser.  It requires tumescent anesthesia and requires a chin strap afterwards.  It goes under the skin and heats up the fat and skin to dissolve the fat and tighten the skin.  It has thermal controls so the skin doesn't heat up to a dangerous level.  I have seen it performed and the patient was comfortable during the procedure.  It all boils down to results, and I haven't seen the "wow" results that would convert me from Ulthera to Thermigen.  Thermigen is not FDA approved for this procedure either.  The cost of the device is a lot less to the physician than the Precision Tx laser so the procedure should be less to the patient.  It depends how invasive you want to be as to which you do.  I'm staying with Ulthera for now.  If you want more aggressive results, also look at the Precision Tx, which is the same technology as the Cellulaze laser.  

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Ultherapy for the lower face and jowls - Los Angeles

+1

I use the Ultherapy system in my Los Angeles office and have found it an outstanding treatment for the lower face and jowl areas. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Thermigen vs. Ultherapy

+1

Ultherapy is a deep focused ultrasound that does not require any use of needles. Thermigen is a radiofrequency energy that is delivered via a cannula through the skin after local anesthetic is injected into the area to be treated. Although there is no suction of fat, the technique of infiltration and then passing a cannula back and forth is similar to liposuction. Swelling and brusing might occur to a greater extent than Ultherapy, but I am not aware of any comparison studies between the two technologies.

Thermigen is relatively new and I have not been exposed directly to this device so I can not comment from personal experience. I am awaiting trusted colleagues of mine who may  have it to inform me of their results once enough months pass to see results and understand better the side effects.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Thermigen only treats the more superficial areas, while Ultherapy goes deeper for better results

+1

While Thermigen most likely does something for the upper layers of the skin (as long as energies are reasonable), it doesn't go down deep enough to get the results that Ultherapy can achieve.  When it comes to non-invasive devices, Ultherapy has the combination of precise treatment and deep results, which are a winning duo.  

There are many other treatment regimens out there, but none that I have ever seen that deliver tightening that is impressive enough to be seen on pictures.  Hope that helps!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Ultherapy vs. Thermigen: look for the evidence

+1

There have been no head-to-head studies published comparing Ulthera and Thermigen, in fact I have not been able to find any peer-reviewed studies on Thermigen at all. Ultherapy uses microfocused ultrasound for precise heating at 3 different layers under the skin, while Thermigen is radiofrequency (RF), which is unfocused. Thermage is another version of RF that has been around for many years and there are several other RF devices on the market. All of them heat the skin to stimulate collagen remodeling. Ulthera is the only FDA-approved technology for noninvasive skin lifting of the face.

Richard Baxter, MD