Ultherapy or Filler for Lifting? (photo)

Hello!!! I am 27 years. Can someone tell me if ultherapy or fillers can help me to lift cheeks and little sagging around jowels???? Thank u!

Ultherapy for facial tightening in Los Angeles

+2

Ultherapy works well to tighten underlying deep tissue fascia in the face to tighten the midface and lower face areas. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD FACS

Ultherapy for mid and lower face lifting

+1
Ultherapy is ideal for treating laxity of the skin in the mid and lower face and in some people the neck - you need to be evaluated for Ultherapy treatment in the mid and lower face (not neck) and also concurrent or delayed (1 month after Ultherapy) facial fillers by a provider who has experience with both procedures. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Lifting lower cheek in a young woman

+1

To evaluate if a filler or a non-invasive technique such as Ultherapy or Pelleve is indicated, I need to examine patients in person to see them three dimensionally, and with expression. When someone smiles, it is not a fair evaluation of their jowls and it is extremely unlikely that someone of your young age has lowered jowls.

Fillers might help disguise creases but at your young age, it is doubtful that you have lost so much volume that your face sagged and therefore, there may not be enough lift with filler to raise a jowl. You may find enough lifting with a series of non-invasive, non-painful, Pelleve radiofrequency treatments, or one Ultherapy treatment. Ultherapy is a focused deep ultrasound energy that helps stimulate new collagen and causes immediate tightening of the connective tissue. It reaches deeper than Pelleve, but hurts and pain medication is given. Pelleve feels comfortable, almost relaxing and many patients refer to it as a deep-heated massage. Both treatments provide a tightening that is seen to develop for six months after the treatment and the benefit may last more than a year or two.

Please schedule a consultation with an expert, board certified doctor, so they can evaluate your face.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lift capability of Filler vs Ultherapy

+1

Ultherapy has effect at a deep level and is intended to lift and contract looser internal structural tissue. Fat deficiencies which include volume in or around the cheek area respond to various fillers and can provide a lifting effect due to new volume as well as create more symmetry and contour. 

You would need an in-person assessment to get the best "right" answer, but likely you would find fillers to be the simplest and most gratifying solution.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Too young for Ultherapy

+1

Although Ultherapy is not a subsitute for a facelift, it is unlikely at age 27 that you have enough skin laxity to need a lifting treatment. Fillers will add volume, which may be considered for aesthetic reasons but not for aging or sagging skin at your age.

Richard Baxter, MD

Ultherapy

+1

Hi Kate, I believe that you will need a combination of Ultherapy and fillers. Ultherapy will lift the jowls and neck and fillers such as Juvederm or Radiesse will give you more volume and a more defined jawline

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist