Thermage - Single Vs Multiple Treatments, Normal Treatment Timing?

*In the specific case of under the eyes*, is it common for a doctor to
perform multiple thermage treatments in the short-term? If yes, at what
length of intervals? Or should it normally be a one-time treatment (that
could be repeated in 6-12 months if the doctor and patient think
appropriate?

Multiple Thermage treatments are superior to just one.

+1

I have been performing Thermage CPT treatments for the past 3 years.  In the last 8 months or so, I have added a second treatment to the Thermage to optimize the treatment. I space the treatments about 4 months apart and have appreciated some impressive results.  Hope this helps.

Colorado Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage is a ONE treatment solution

+1

You need only one Thermage treatment. You may not have gotten the best results if the treatment was not deep enough, however the solution is not to treat before seeing the full results which takes at about 6 months to see.

Generally patients wait between 1 to 2 years between treatments, however we have some clients that like to come more frequently. We schedule them a minimum of 9 months after treatment.

This should all be covered during the consultation before you have any treatment. At the Victoria Park Medispa, we offer complimentary consultations for Thermage. I have included a link for more information about Thermage (there is a before and after photo gallery on the right side of the page). 

Steven Bernstein, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

The intervals between treatments should be at least 18 months.

+1

We ask patients to wait at least 18 months between treatments..that is, if it appears that they want/need further tightening. My recommendation is based on my experience with the Thermage technology, and the data that has been published in scientific journals. There is data that shows that the collagen in the lower levels of the skin continues to respond to a Thermage treatment for 18 months. I have multiple sets of photos of patients which document that the skin continues to tighten over an 18 month period. Generally, the patients have the following comments: 1. they see immediate tightening (we don't know if this is the placebo effect or not) 2. They see tightening at 2 months 3. I can document the tightening by 7 months (photographs) 4. I can document further tightening at 18 months (photographs). After 18 months, everything seems to stay corrected with no further improvement.

Regards.

Christine Glavey, MD (retired)
Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage Treatments...

+1

Every case is different.  I personally recommend patients to do 2 treatments of Thermage (if they are just starting off), 3-6 months apart then repeat in 1 to 2 years.  However, it is not out of the ordinary to have 1 treatment yearly. 

Hope this helps. 

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD