Is thermage for upper arm skin tightening?

I had cool lipo done on my upper arms that left them more saggy and lumpy. Will thermage help this problem?

Pelleve Radiofrequency lift for legs, arms, knees

+2
Good morning, I have the newest Thermage CPT, Ulthera and Pelleve at my offices. Interestingly I have found that pelleve is really helpful and tightens the arms and legs at times even better than Thermage. Several sessions over 6 months are needed.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Thermage for Upper Arm Skin Tightening

+1
I have had great results with the upper arms, thighs, buttocks, and abdomen with Thermage.  The lumpiness that you are describing as a side effect of the previous procedure is more difficult to treat.  For the best results please find a physician that is experienced with Thermage to give you a consultation and the best cosmetic results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Thermage and arm skin tightening

+1
Thank you for your question. I use Thermage predominantly for  facial skin tightening with good results on selected patients. Depending on the quality of your  arm skin , the use of Thermage is questionable. Remember, the more collagen you have in your skin the better the result. If your arms( especially inner are) have very  thin skin with stretch marks, you would not be a candidate for Thermage in my office. If the arm skin has been stretched from excess weight  gain or loss, Thermage is a questionable treatment. If you are reasonably fit, have good quality skin, free from excess sun exposure, then Thermage may be a good non-surgical option.

I wish you well !

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Thermage to Tighten Arms

+1
In my office I use Thermage for skin tightening on Face, Neck, Knees, Arms, Abdomen, Thighs, all over the body. If the “lumpy” in your arm is fat then I would suggest another treatment to improve the “lumpy” before a Thermage treatment. I like to use Liposonix for arms; Liposonix works well in this area because I can custom design my patient’s treatment vs treating what fits into the Coolsculpting applicator. Liposonix is a non-surgical procedure for fat reduction, which utilizes High Intensity Focused Ultrasound to destruct the fat. Once you remove the fat then the Thermage will yield a better result. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what option is best for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage for upper arms

+1
I like using Thermage on the body for lifting because I have seen good results in appropriate candidates. However, if there is a moderate layer of fat remaining in the area, then this may not be the best choice for you. 

Jennifer Ahdout, MD, FAAD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist