Thermage After 'Double Eyelid Surgery'?

I had double eyelid surgery about a year ago so I have permanent sutures creating the folds. I'm considering Thermage to tighten the upper eyelids as I was left with some mild/moderate 'hooding' that I would like to improve. Should I be concerned about Thermage damaging my eyelid sutures?

Yes it is appropriate to be concerned.

+2

Most likely at this point it is not the suture but the scar induced by the suture that is holding the fold together.  Unfortunately, there can be some mechanical trauma in performing the thermage.  Overall the effect of thermage is very mild.  There are alternatives to the degree of tighten that you are likely to experience.  So to summarize, while you may be fine to have Thermage, I don't think anyone can guarantee that the procedure will not cause an issue or even estimate the probability of having an issue. If you are prepared for this possibility, you might find the risk acceptable.

Probably okay

+1

Doing the Thermage after your eyelid surgery will likely be fine, but unfortunately no surgeon can guarantee that. This is a risk that you must be willing to take. It is a low risk...but a risk nonetheless.

Good luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thermage After 'Double Eyelid Surgery'?

+1

Thermage is contraindicated, IMHO, on the thin upper eyelid skin and certainly would not be recommended after an Upper Eyelid Surgery with hard fixation.