How to Repairs my Hallow/sunken Eyes? (photo)

my eyes are so hollowed. i've turn 20 and look like in my 40s. i hate this look. i've got exam coming up and i can't focus on it due to my look. i am so embarrassed to go outside or even face my friend. i hate my face. people tell me to be happy but i can't even after trying so hard because i keep worrying. i tried all home rem ides to solve it. i do have 7.5 to 8 hours sleep. i drink lots water. i think this could be genetic but i really want way out of this problem. please give me some advice.

Hollow Lower Eyelids - Do NOT Use Fillers or Implants!

+2
The ONLY treatment for hollow lower eyelids is fat grafting. Fat grafting of the lower lid area requires experience and meticulous technique. As the area is covered by a very thin layer of skin and muscle, overcorrection must be absolutely avoided. My approach is to graft fat to the point that the area looks aesthetically ideal, then stop and wait 3 months to assess fat survival. As fat survival is variable, additional fat grafting procedures may be performed based on the results of the first. Take a look at the many examples of fat grafting to the upper and lower eyelids on my website (link below) When prformed expertly, fat grafting can provide very beautiful and very natural looking results. 

Some physicians recommend fillers. I would ask them to share dozens of before and after images of patients weeks and months after treatment. I have not seen anyone with consistently beautiful and natural looking results using injectable fillers. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Filler or implants.

+1
OK, this is difficult. You only have two real choices that work. Sunken eyes can be genetic, and worsened with age as the orbital rim recesses and bone structures change with age. 

The best solution to give dramatic changes are implants suited to your contours. Hands down for this procedure. 

The second solution are fillers to both the tear troughs and beyond *malar areas/ cheek areas. Fillers in this area are tricky to perform as the filler need to lay on your bone (safety), additionally cheek fillers can blend in the fillers from your troughs. Technically challenging but possible. Expect only a 40-50% correction with fillers. They last 9-14 months. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Facial Implants to Correct Hollow/Sunken Eyes

+1

Your eyes are deep set, but you also have what is known as a tear trough deformity.  This can be corrected by one of two mechanisms.  You also have flat Malar eminences (cheek bones).  A combination of silicone cheek implants and silicone tear trough implants could change your hollow eyes to haunting eyes.  

As an alternative, injectable fillers can accomplish the same correction.  This is much cheaper and gives you the idea of what can be done. 

A Board Certified Plastic  Surgeon experienced in facial implants and tissue fillers would be the correct person to see to start you on your road to greater self esteem.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Sunken eyes

+1
I have had great success in using fillers. It takes 2 sessions 2 weeks apart. I use Voluma which lasts a good year before re-injection is necessary. Minimal bruising

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark circles and hollowness under the eyes

+1

Topical products such as Skinmedica dermal repair for eyes can be of benefit.  This particular product has Boron in it and helps to reflect the light making the appearance of the dark circles less.  Also products such as this and Retin-A help to thicken the epidermis. Circles under the eyes appear dark because the skin is thin and there are many blood vessels and muscle directly under the skin.  Some patients will benefit from microablative CO2 laser treatment to tighten the skin and  soft tissue fillers such as Juvederm to fill in hollows.