Is There Anything I Can Do to Reduce my Nasolabial Folds Naturally?

I'm 23 and in my opinion I look like I'm in my mid to late 30s. I have deep nasolabial folds which and enlarge pores which to me do nothing but make me look even older. Is there anything I can do to reduce my folds, pore size and dark spots. I'm considering surgical procedures because this really affects my confidence. Another thing is one side of my faces looks a lot more youthful than the other side. About me: I'm fairly active. I do about 6 - 9 hours of cardio weekly.

Forever Young BBL

+1

You sound like a perfect candidate for Sciton's "Forever Young BBL" treatment.  It combines both broad-band and infrared light to correct skin discoloration, reduce pore size, and firm the skin.  A recent study released by Stanford University shows that patients who did a series of these treatments and continued with maintenance treatments 2-4 times a year, had skin that looked and behaved years younger than it actually was.  In fact, a blinded panel of physician evaluators determined BBL treated patients appeared 9 years younger than their actual age. This would definitely be a good first step for you and would enhance any other treatment you decide to do in the future.

Naturally Reducing Nasolabial Folds

+1

Fat injections can be used to restore volume to the face and soften nasolabial folds.  Many patients like this option as it is your own fat and a more natural approach.  The longevity of fat is also generally considered longer than fillers.

Jill Hessler, MD
Palo Alto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasolabial folds at a young age

+1

Nasolabial folds become prominent with weight loss and this is seen frequently in those who have lost massive amounts of weight with bariatric surgery. Barring that, they naturally form with volume loss of the face with aging. Since you are young, it is probably accelereated in your case and may be partly genetic - perhaps your mom or aunts have similar features .. who knows - despite all of the above, you can do something non surgical such as getting facial fillers (Radiesse or Juvederm) or autologous fat transfer which may last longer and be more cost effective in the long run.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Large pores and deep nasolabial folds

+1

The large pores may respond to a  retin-A based skin program and possible nonablative laser to follow.  Deep nasolabial folds at a young age suggests loss of volume combined with early loss of elasticity in the skin.  The above retin-A program can firm up the skin and I would start with this modality.  If the nasolabial folds remain deep then you may consider soft tissue fillers.

Clyde H. Ishii, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Options to help with nasolabial folds

+1

Pictures would really be helpful to give you the best advice.  There is not a natural treatment for helping with nasolabial folds.  They sometimes can be improved with surgery and sometimes can be improved with the use of injectable fillers.  You would need to be examined to determine the best options for you.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon