Is There a Procedure to Get Thicker Eyebrows?

I'm planning on getting plastic surgery in the future but for now I'm just doing research... So is there a way to get thicker bushier eyebrows for men? It doesn't seem like a complicated thing to do compared to other plastic surgeries but I haven't found anything on it. I would want this because I am male and have thin eyebrows. Please help!!

Eyebrow Transplant for Thicker Brows

+2

At my practice in New York, I offer eyebrow transplant for thin eyebrows as well as for replacing lost follicles due to trauma. For eyebrow transplant surgery, the donor area comes from either your scalp or your leg. The donor is usually taken from a site that furnishes finer rather than coarser hair; finer hair is a better “match” for eyebrow hair. Those follicles are individually separated and placed individually in a pattern that gives a contoured, natural look. Like all hair transplants, these newly placed follicles will most likely go dormant for a while after surgery and will not start to grow until approximately 4 months later. These hairs will need to be trimmed on a regular basis as they retain the same growth characteristics as the donor site. The link below shows more info...

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thicker Eyebrows

+1

"Thicker, bushier eyebrows" can easily be achieved with FUE hair transplantation.  Single hair graft follicles are individually removed from the back of the head and placed in the design that you and your transplant team have drawn.  It may take a full year to yield results but is a great permanent solution.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Thicker Eyebrows

+1

Refer to link below for detailed answer on options for thin eyebrows including transplant.  Thanks!  Dr. Vargas

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow transplanting

+1

Eyebrow transplantation  is a frequently performed procedure in all practices.  There is a unique pattern that is necessary to follow for placement  of the grafts when it comes to eyebrow enhancement .  Often 200 to 300 grafts may be sufficient to give greater density to the eyebrows, and these grafts may still be harvested from the posterior scalp donor sites used for other graft harvesting.

Check with your local Plastic Surgeon if you have a desire to  discuss eyebrow transplantation.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Eyebrow Transplants

+1

Actually, eyebrow transplants-  a procedure I perform on average 3 times weekly  -   is a very challenging procedure from both a technical and aesthetic aspect.  However, the answer is, yes, there is a procedure to thicken eyebows, and when done properly, can make a huge difference.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow Transplant To Thicken Eyebrows

+1

Yes, there is a procedure that can thicken the eyebrows, called eyebrow transplant. This is a follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair transplant procedure that traditionally extracts donor hair from the scalp. I am a leading practitioner of body hair transplant, a niche of FUE that makes use of non-traditional donor sources for special cases. Using FUE uGraft, I typically harvest hair from the nape of the neck or the legs when performing eyebrow transplant, as these sources best match the caliber and length of eyebrow hair.

Traditional donor hair (from the mid-rear scalp) is longer and would bear the ongoing inconvenience of frequent trimming after your eyebrow transplant procedure.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Procedure for Thicker Eyebrows

+1

Just trying to thicken eyebrows with a hair transplant is not very satisfying because the hair doesn't match well.  There is some evidence that latisse for thickening eyelashes may also thicken eyebrows, but there is not enough information available to date. 

Jack Fisher, MD

Thicker Eyebrows

+1

While Latisse is primarily used to lengthen and thicken eyelashes I have some patients that have successfully used it on their brows. A permanent solution is the placement of microgafts taken from the scalp.

What to do for thinning eyebrows

+1

Latisse can be used for off-label use to increase eyebrow density very effectively. If this is not enough, FUE (follicular unit extraction) hair transplants can be used . The grafts are transferred from the back of the scalp to the brow, but only single hair grafts should be used to maintain a natural appearance. Skill and experience is recommended because the hair follicles must be directed very accurately. Also the hair will need to be trimmed occasionally as it will continue to grow. Interesting question. Most brow restorations in my practice are needed secondary to brow injuries, but the treatments should be effective for anyone with a problem of brow loss or thinning.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Thicker eyebrows

+1

If there is an actual paucity of eyebrow hairs, transplants of scalp hair can be placed in the deficient areas of the eyebrows. If successful, one must understand that these  hairs will need periodic trimming. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon