Can Body Hair Be Used for Eyebrows Trasplant?

I need to repair my right eyebrow because of an accident. I was told that scalp hair trasplanted to eyebrows should be trimmed periodically. Ok, then, I was thinking if body hair (legs, chest...) would be a good option to repair the eyebrow. I don't need many grafts, I 'm a male and I have much hair all over my body. In conlusion, could body hair be used for eyebrows trasplant? Would it be a good idea to minimize trimming? Thank you very much for your help.

Body hair not a good option for eyebrows

+1

The body hair can be used but is not the first choice. Temples, back of neck would be a better donor. You will have to keep the hair trimmed very frequently

Body Hair For Eyebrow Transplant

+1

Yes, it is a viable option to restore your eyebrow hair through eyebrow transplantation using body hair, with uGraft FUE hair transplant. FUE—follicular unit extraction—is the required surgical technique for such a need. Advanced FUE with uGraft is capable of transplanting hair from almost anywhere on the body, however, leg hair is ideal for eyebrow transplant for two reasons: -its naturally thinner caliber (which makes for an excellent match to blend with the remaining eyebrow hair).  -its naturally stunted length and slower growth (which makes for less frequent trimming, as you’d surmised). In the absence of good quality leg hair, I have used nape hair for similar reasons.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Body Hair Not Best Option for Eyebrow Transplant

+1

Body hair is typically not used as a donor site for hair transplantation.  For eyebrows, the most common donor area would be the back of the hairline or temple region where the hair tends to be finer texture.  Transplanted hairs to the eyebrow will retain their growth pattern, so you are correct that you will need to keep them trimmed on a regular basis. Most likely you will need more grafts than you think to look full and natural.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Body hair used for eyebrow transplant?

+1

Body hair would be a very poor match for most people to replace eyebrow hair.  The best hair is usually from the bottom of the hairline at the back of the neck.  There are some patients where there are no good donor sites to match eyebrow hair.

Jack Fisher, MD

+1

Scalp hair is what's used to fill in or create eybrows, IMO.  I'm unaware of other body hairs being used for transplantation into the eyebrows.