Is There Any Permanent Procedure to Correct Sad Looking Eyes? (photo)

My eyes seem to always look tired and uneven especially from side views. They seem to be drooping which i feel is not normal for my young age. My eyes look tilted down and uneven from my side view and gives me the illusion of being sad. Also my upper eyelid looks like it's being weighed down by extra skin on top of it. Is there any type of surgery to help alleviate these problems with my eyes?

Upper eyelid surgery will brighten your looks.

+2

Thank you for your photos.  Your brow appears to be in an acceptable position.  Your upper lids are what is giving you the tired look and this would be easily corrected by upper eyelid surgery.  This would open the appearance of your eyes, correcting the sad look and making you look more refreshed,

Sad Eyes Corrected with Upper Eyelid Surgery?

+1

You could benefit from a brow lift, upper eyelid surgery, and lower eyelid surgery, depending upon what is bothering you.

Procedure to correct sad looking eyes

+1

An upper blepharoplasty procedure where excess skin and fat is removed from the upper lids will give a rejuvenation of the upper eyelids.  To view other results similar to this, please see our photo gallery.

Lower eyelid retraction

+1

Though you have fullness of the upper eyelids, the "sad look" that you describe is mostly related to the position of the lower eyelid at the outside corners of your eye. Due to the downward slope of the lower eyelids, what is often described as lower eyelid retraction, the eyes appear "sad".

This can be addressed by lower eyelid retraction repair.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper Blepharoplasty and Possible Browlift For Sad Looking Eyes

+1

You have extra upper eyelid skin and low set eyebrows. While you may ideally benefit from an upper blepharoplasty and a browlift, I would first have the extra eyelid skin removed and see how much improvement that provides. It alone may be satisfactory. Browlifts in men, while often beneficial, have a fine line between looking good and unnatural and I would wait and have the upper blepharoplasty prove that a browlift is needed secondarily.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Is There Any Permanent Procedure to Correct Sad Looking Eyes...

+1

The important thing to remember is that eyelids come in all shapes and sizes.  Family history as well as your own genetic makeup contribute to how the eyelids will make you appear.  It is extremely important for you to see someone who is highly experienced in performing not only eyelid surgery, but also browlift surgery.  Sometimes, lifting the eyebrows can make the eyelids appear less heavy.  So if they are raised, then an immediate improvement may be seen.  Then, if there is any skin left over, it can be removed at the same time.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is There Any Permanent Procedure to Correct Sad Looking Eyes?

+1

Yes, from the photos provided it appears that you have excess skin of the upper eyelids making the eyes appear tired.  An Upper Eyelid Surgery or Blepharoplasty to remove ~ 50% of that excess would take the tired look away from the eyes without making the crease too open which is a female characteristic and one not attractive in a man.  

Yet another opinion on correcting sad eye look

+1

For cases such as yours, I would start with only an upper lid belpharoplasty to remove some of the excess skin. A canthoplasty, which lifts the outer corner of the eye, is usually only done when it is lower than the inner corner. (Imagine a line going from the inner corner to the outer; if it angles downward to the outside, then maybe canthoplasty. Yours does not appear to.) Browlifts on men are a really tricky issue, and often just don't look good. It does not appear to me from the photos that your brow is too low.

Richard Baxter, MD

Canthoplasty

+1

Looking at your eyes I think you could benefit from an upper eyelid surgery with the addition of bilateral canthoplasty. This would lift your lateral canthus and reduce some of the white visible in your eyes laterally. This would help improve your look of "sadness."

Deidra Blanks, MD
Wilmington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Conservative forehead lifting is what corrects the sad tired look.

+1

Conservative forehead lifting is what corrects the sad tired look. This has to be done very conservatively in males by a very experienced surgeon. Removing eyelid skin will NOT correct the look when the brows are low.