Im 24 Year Old Male and Want to Know if Canthoplasty and Blepharoplasty Would Be I Deal for my Eyes my Droopy Eyes? (photo)

I feel like I have no beauty in my eye. Sometimes people ask if im tired or just woke I'm interested if these types of surgeries. I'm wondering if it can help me regain my confidence.

Upper Eyelid Ptosis

+1

The upper eyelid ptosis can be repaired to give you a less droopy look.   This is the surgery into which you should look.

Ptosis

+1

From the pictures presented, it appears that you may have ptosis.  This is best treated by an Oculoplastic surgeon and is  usually submitted to insurance for medical necessity for restriction of vision.  Canthoplasty is not needed

You need a ptosis correction procedure.

+1

Ptosis or drooping of  the upper eyelids has multiple causes. You will need to be assessed by your plastic surgeon. This may even be a medical condition such as myasthenia gravis.

Assuming this is a mechanical problem, this can be corrected surgically using different techniques according to the severity of the condition. There are two different types of muscle that lift the eyelid, and these can be tightened in surgical procedures to elevate the eyelid more effectively. Neither canthoplasty nor regular blepharoplasty would be appropriate on their own. Ptosis correction surgery is often combined with blepharoplasty however.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Droppy Eyelids, what can be done

+1

You have a condition we call ptosis, which causes the droopiness you are complaining of, you need a surgical procedure to correct this problem if desired, I recommend consulting with your local board certified plastic, facial plastic or oculoplastic surgeon. Good luck.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Improving Eyelids

+1

You may have some issues that can be addressed. You may have some upper eyelid ptosis and you  do show more of the lateral triangle of sclera on the left than the right.  Concerning the lower lid, the surgery may more trouble than it's worth for you.  You may consider upper eyelid correction of potential ptosis. Consult with a BC Oculoplastic surgeon or plastic surgeon for an exam and recommendations.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1

I also agree with the other physicians that have commented.  You have ptosis and need to see an Oculoplastic surgeon.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelids look tired.

+1

I agree with the other physicians in that you have ptosis of the eyelids and not a true redundancy of skin. This can be repaired to give a more rested and rejuvenated look.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelids (ptosis)

+1

You have upper eyelid ptosis (droopy) which can definitely be lifted (Ptosis surgery).  You do not need canthoplasty or blepharoplasty.  See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy Eyelids Can Be Helped

+1

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photos.  The tired look that you are referring to is likely due to upper eyelid ptosis and drooping.  The deep high creases of the upper lids and appearance of your eyes suggest this diagnosis.  An examination and dynamic photos are required to make the diagnosis definatively.  Canthoplasty is a lower lid tightening, which is not indicated in your case.  The appropriate procedure (if the diagnosis is confirmed) woudl be upper lid ptosis repair through an upper blepharoplasty incision.  Best wishes!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Droopy eyes correction

+1

You eye opening is less than ideal and the right side opens less than left. The surgery is called ptosis repair. There are a couple of different approaches to ptosis repair. It's used to open up your eyes more (vertically) and improve the asymmetry between two sides. This the the surgery you should focus on rather than canthoplasty or blepharoplasty.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS