Is There a Permanent Non-surgical Rhinoplasty?

Generally not recommended

+2

There are several alternatives for a non-surgical rhinoplasty. Permanent alternatives would include silicone or ArteFill; however, these are generally not recommended due to late inflammatory problems that may arise. Safer non-surgical options for temporary fillers include Juvederm, Restylane, and Radiesse. These fillers can give an instant rhinoplasty and are best suited for those who require a 'larger' nose or who have a bump or hump on the nose or to correct minor irregularities or asymmetries.

Yes but it's not recommended

+2

the only permanent "non-surgical" rhinoplasty would involve using silicone injections or Artecoll/Artefill. Most respected rhinoplasty surgeons would not recommend either as they can cause inflammatory reactions that are difficult if not impossible to treat without major disfiguring corrective surgery. In fact, most respected rhinoplasty surgeons would not recommend using any type of filler in the nose other than to correct minor contour irregularities that may result from a primary surgical rhinoplasty.

Dr. Ahn

Min S. Ahn, MD
Westborough Facial Plastic Surgeon

Permanent fillers can be used, but only extremely carefully

+2

We don't use permanent fillers because of reports of reactions to the products currently in use. Radiesse as a 12-18 month filler can be used and we have had no problem with it.

Fillers are used to fill depressions and most noses require removal of cartilage, bone or soft tissue. Therefore, indications for non-surgical rhinoplasty are limited.

Permanent Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty

+1
A nonsurgical rhinoplasty can be used to fill in shadow defects, to straighten a crooked nose, to flatten a hump, or fill an indentation. It can also be used to make the tip more symmetric and raise the tip.

We use Radiesse, Perlane, and Voluma in the nose as they have the longest lasting potential. Perlane and Radiesse tend to last 10-15 months in the nose where as Voluma can last 12-20 months. Thicker skin types, such as African American and Asian skin, do better with Radiesse and Perlane as they do a better job of resisting the counter tension from the nasal skin that has been elevated to create a higher dorsum or bridge.  A long term solution, such as a injectable implant, is not available, or in the case of injectable silicone, is not always consistent.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Permanent Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

At this time, there is no proven safe, FDA-approved permanent non-surgical rhinoplasty filler. Though many companies are currently working on developing it, it has yet to come out and may be a while to prove it's safety and efficacy. Until then, I recommend trying a non-surgical nose job, so that you can learn what amount of filler and where you like. That way, your permanent rhinoplasty will be just what you're looking for. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Currently all popular products used for non-surgical rhinoplasty are resorbable. In the past people have used permanent products to achieve long lasting results but adverse reactions and difficulty with treating overcorrection or problems have made this largely unpopular. If a permanent product could be developed which could be adjusted or easily removed, this could become an option in the future but currently there are no accepted treatments. If you search, you could find individuals who are willing to administer off label injections of Silicone but I would discourage its use for routine non-surgical rhinoplasty

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty using Silikon-1000 can safely give permanent, natural, results.

+1

I was taught the art of using Silikon-1000 to correct nasal irregularities during my fellowship. When used properly, you can safely get completely natural, permanent results.

Since Silikon-1000 is a permanent filler, your results depend entirely on the technique, and expertise of your physician. You should consult a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in the micro-droplet technique. You should see many photos before proceeding.

In my hands, Silikon-1000 works particularly well in the nose. My patients and I have been very gratified by their results.

I've attached a link to my Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty page for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Permanent non-surgical Rhinoplasty not recommended

+1

I would not recommend Permanent Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty. The main reason is many of these fillers can damage the nose soft tissue. This makes subsequent treatments difficult if not impossible. If you are interested in this procedure, I would recommend the semi-permanent hyaluronic acid fillers which can be reversed.

I understand the feeling that you don't want to keep coming back for filler "adjustments" to your nose, but this is much better than having a problem that is not easy to fix.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Not advisable

+1

I agree that most permanent fillers are not recommended procedures for the nose. The main issue with a permanent filler is that a permanent filler is a permanent problem. It is very difficult if not impossible to remove a permanent filler once it is in the soft tissues of the nose. If your nose would develop granuloma, infection, asymmetry, etc, there is not a simple solution.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Only surgical rhinoplasty is permanent.

+1

There is no such thing as a permanent nonsurgical rhinoplasty since all the injectables we currently have on the market are temporary. Only surgical rhinoplasty is permanent.