Best Long Lasting Filler for nose curved at tip?

What's the longest lasting filler (or minimally invasive procedure) available to fix a nose that is slightly curved at the tip to the right and a little bit sunken in at the bridge from a previous procedure?

I was quoted for Radiesse, but am worried its gonna wear off too soon, and I don't want a constantly changing nose...thanks :)

I like Restylane and Artefill for Non-Surgical Nose Job long-lasting results

+3

While in most places Radiesse tends to last longer than the Hyaluronic acids, like Restylane and Juvederm, I have found the opposite to be true in the nose. 

It may be because of the way Hyaluronic acids hold on to water they are able to hold the same amount of space even as more and more of the molecules are absorbed, while with Radiesse, small amounts don't hold onto more water and the results tend to disappear faster.

ArteFill is another long-lasting filler for Non-Surgical Nose Jobs and appears to be giving good results.

For an example of Non Surgical Rhinoplasty, please click the link below.

Web reference: http://yourfaceinourhands.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=256&IMAGEID=594&StartRow=6

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefill is a permanent filler that can be used on the nose

+3

Artefill is a permanent filler that can be used on the nose for a non-surgical nose job.  Radiesse would be my second choice as it can last up to 18 months.  You will need a skin test if you have Artefill done.  Make sure you go to an experienced injector for this procedure ESPECIALLY if you use Artefill.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Silicone is best for non-surgical rhinoplasty

+3

In my practice, I only use liquid injectable silicone for this as it is permanent and the most precise. Silicone is ideal for this and gives great results. However, it must be injected by an experienced physician who uses the proper injection technique which is the micro-droplet injection technique. In my opinion, temporary fillers are a waste of time for a non-surgical rhinoplasty as they require repeated treatments and added cost, are less precise, and give less natural-looking results. Feel free to view the photos of non-surgical rhinoplasties.

Most surgeons are very leary of more permanent fillers

+3

This is a great question that we get in our practice a fair bit and that we have looked into. In fact, we in association with our colleagues reviewed the largest series of injectible rhinoplasties done by anyone to date.I don’t want to make this a long diatribe about the merits of injectible rhinoplasty and if the aesthetics make a lot of sense, except to say that you should recognize that most people getting rhinoplasty want their nose at least slightly smaller whereas injectible nose jobs are by definition an augmenting procedure where the nose is made larger.

In general, we found that about 25% of people required a touch up before 6 months when radiesse was used, either due to partial resorption or because they wanted further augmentation. Moreover, other more longer lasting injectibles such as sculptra, artefill, etc can and do stay longer in the nose but can cause inflammation, infection, or a host of other problems. In fact, if you go to our blog a few weeks back we show an example of a patient in whom we did surgery who had had injectible nose job done some 7-8 months previously. (previous blog) In him, you can still see the injectible material that had to be removed. He is now very happy with his nose and he did great but it made surgery more difficult than it otherwise needed to be.

The point to all of this is that non surgical nose jobs, in our opinion, can be great to fill in minor defects or irregularities, but they do not necessarily replace or help achieve the goals that most people who want a smaller nose want. In your particular case, if you are set on undergoing a non surgical procedure, consider using temporary fillers like restylane, juvederm, perlane, etc which are made of hyaluronic acid, that way if there is a problem with the aesthetic it can be reversed relatively easily.

I hope this helps answer your questions. Should you have any more specific concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Fillers for the nose

+2

Most of the fillers last between 6 months to 1 year and sometimes longer in areas such as the nose.  More permanent products are fat with unpredictable "take", and other permanent fillers which I do not use.

Non surgical nasal procedure

+2

Improving nasal contour can be performed nonsurgically using facial fillers. I would advise against permanent fillers in favor of the hyaluronic acid facial fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm. Radiesse, although extremely safe, may have a higher rate of complications in this area and should also be avoided for repeat injections.

Radiesse is the longest lasting filler but,

+1

Radiesse  is the longest lasting filler but as to whether this will straighten a nose that curves - I think not. It should work well to build up sunken areas.

Non-surgical Nose Jobs

+1

A non surgical nose job can be a great procedure to fill in minor defects or irregularities of the nose. However,  they do not necessarily replace or help achieve the goals that most people want when seeking a rhinoplasty to change the appearance of their nose.  Restylane and/or Juvederm are great temporary filler products which can be injected into the nose as an in-office procedure with no downtime to the patient.  This is a very advanced technique and you and your physician should discuss in detail to see if you are in fact a candidate for the procedure.   

Artefill is the longest lasting. Radiesse may be better

+1

Artefill is the longest lasting as it is essentially a permanent filler. Radiesse may be better as it may yield a more natural looking result.

Injectables in the nose are a relatively new technique

+1

Injecting fillers into the nose is a relatively new technique.  The results can be very good without the downtime and cost of surgery. However, the nose is a unique structure.  It is a very mobile area.  The skin and soft tissue envelope is delicate and if damaged, hard to fix.  A permanent filler may not be the best option since over time it may cause redness, infection, or extrusion.  You need expert advice from someone experienced with fillers in the nose to determine the best approach.

Web reference: http://purefacialaesthetics.com

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon