Is There an Effective Cellulite Treatment?

I would like to know if there if an effective cellulite treatment for the thighs and buttocks? If so what its called and are they done as outpatient and how long is the recovery time? thanks in advance.

Cellulaze cellulite treatment

+1

Cellulaze
is definitely the most effective treatment for cellulite in the United States.
It is a one time treatment that uses a small laser fiber inserted under the
skin through tiny incisions to tighten the skin and divide the fibrous bands
that cause dimpling. Unlike other available cellulite treatments, Cellulaze
does not require multiple treatments or maintenance treatments.

The results you can get with Cellulaze depend
on your overall all health and degree of cellulite as well as the experience
and understanding of the technology of the physician performing the procedure.
There is definitely a learning curve to Cellulaze so be sure to find an expert
in your area who is board certified and has a long experience with Cellulaze.
Because Cellulaze is a similar technology to SmartLipo, a plastic surgeon with
experience in SmartLipo may have a better understanding of the laser
technology. Look at before and after photos to be sure you have a good
understanding of what Cellulaze is capable of doing for you. Good luck!

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze for cellulite

+1

Cellulaze generally is a one time minimally invasive office based treatment. The laser is placed right beneath the skin so it can directly target your dimples, bulging fat and thin skin. All of the other nonsurgical machines or devices cannot penetrate the skin efficiently to change the underlying anatomy. Those devices create some swelling that some times makes the cellulite look better for a short period of time. The recovery is very acceptable as my patients have told me. You need to wear an elastic garment for a couple of weeks which is hidden beneath your clothes. There is some bruising and swelling that gradually resolves.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

VASERSmooth Best for Cellultie

+1

There are many noninvasive treatments for cellulite, but none of them have any permanence to them and work only temporarily.  I having been using the VASERSmooth for over a year, and have probably done more cases then anyone in the US.  I have found that surgically, I can improve your cellulite anywhere from 50 to 80 percent using the VASERSmooth.  The VASERSMooth uses an ultrasound probe with a fragmented edge to cut the cellulitic bands.  I also treat the irregular fat cells around the area and do some fat grafting as needed.  I have also corrected many people post cellulaze treatment who were unhappy with the results.  It typically takes 1.5 to 2 hours to treat both thighs and buttocks.  It is done under anesthesia and recovery is quick.  Most patients back to work in 3 days and resume exercise 2-3 weeks.  A garment is worn for 6 weeks and lymphatic massage and ultrasound started 2 weeks following the operation.  Hope this helps.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thermage effectively treats cellulite

+1

Thermage has a new universal tip that can deeply penetrate the skin and effectively target cellulite.  It is non-invasive and painless. Only one single treatment is required to treat buttock, thighs, or arm cellulite. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Effective, Non-Invasive Cellulite Treatments

+1

There are several stages of cellulite. Depending upon which stage you’re in, a number of different approaches can be taken. I promote the use of multiple techniques to help patients eliminate toxins and fat while improving muscle tone. The combination of procedures I prefer are non-invasive, pain-free, and  there’s no downtime. Protocols proven effective for thighs and buttocks include LipoLaser Therapy and Ultrasound Cavitation, but there are other options available based on the nature and severity of the problem.

Hal Michael Bass, MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Effective Cellulite Treatment?

+1

Thank you for your question. Vaser shape uses ultrasound waves to generate localized heat beneath the surface of the skin to smooth out and reduce the appearance of cellulite.  Buttocks and thighs are recommended areas for treatment. There's no downtime, but you may have some redness and swelling at the sites. It may take few treatments to see results.  I would recommend being treated under the supervision of  a Board Certified Dermatologist  or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Effective cellulite treatment

+1

The most effective treatment for cellulite is Cellulaze.  Though not a cure for cellulite, Cellulaze can produce significant improvement. Cellulaze can be done on an outpatient basis and is generally a one time treatment. Recovery from the procedure involves letting the bruising and swelling that accompanies the procedure resolve...generally 2-3 weeks.  Patients generally wear a compression garment (similar to after liposuction) during this time.  Though swelling and bruising resolve after a few weeks, the final results from Cellulaze and definitive improvement aren't seen for many (6) months as the skin itself continues to thicken and improve.  To find out if you are a candidate for Cellulaze, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure.

Dr. Grant Stevens   

Grant Stevens, MD

Cellulaze is an effective treatment.

+1

Many women struggle with cellulite.  Although there have been many treatment modalities (cream, suction, laser, etc) for cellulite, there is no one treatment that will totally get rid of cellulite. Cellulaze is a good option for treating cellulite.  Although it will not completely "cure" cellulite, it has shown 50-70% improvement in the appearance of cellulite.  It is a minimally invasive procedure.  However, you should expect to wear compression garment for 6 weeks and  see the improvement over 3-6 months.

Sugene Kim, MD