What is the White Pimple on Tummy Tuck Incision?

Hi, I am currently 8 weeks post op from a full tummy tuck with muscle repair. I have been healing wonderfully. Yesterday a small pimple like bump that was white in color formed on my scar. After about a day it just popped on its own and a small amount of white puss I guess came out. It looks superficial. I didn't see a stitch or anything with it to make me think it was a popping stitch. It looks ok now just a little red. What was this and should I be concerned or go see my doctor?

Stitch abcess

+2

Your body just spit out a dissolvable suture most likely.  This is common and no problem.  Check with your doctor to be sure.

Pimple in incision line

+1

This is likely a stitch abscess from a suture that is working to the surface.  It sometimes requires removal to clear up the problem.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Stitch Abscess after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Congratulations on your recent tummy tuck surgery. You have described a stitch abscess,  that is usually self resolving.  Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.