What's is the Best Treatment for Fever Blister Scar? (photo)

I had a fever blister in between my nostrils around 3 years before and it left a dark deep dent on my nose like a chicken pox scar. I don't know which treatment is the best for this type of scar on this position. Can anyone please suggest me what treatment is the best and permanent for this? I have uploaded a couple of pictures.

Fixing a scar on the nose

+1

I would start out with topical skin lighteners such as Melarase, followed by either ablative laser or serial excision. Raffy Karamanoukian, MD Los Angeles

Repairing a scar from a fever blister

+1

A scar resulting from a fever blister is caused by the herpes simplex virus, so the virus still lives within you, and could flare again, especially if the area is treated.  Therefore, prior to any treatment you should be on, and stay on, prophylactic valcyclovir for at least ten days.  Dermabrasion or a fractional CO2 laser should smooth the scar nicely, and if the scar remains depressed, using a filler beneath it should complete the repair.  In the future you should take Valcyclovir at the first sign of a fever blister.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist