What Are the Non-surgical Alternatives to a Tummy Tuck?

I would like information on 3 non-surgical options to reduce fat and loose skin on the stomach for someone has been 30-40 pounds overweight for 15 years. How effective are these options?, Which is the least invasive?

No good nonsurgical option if Tummy Tuck is needed

+1

Thank you for your question. I understand why you would want to have a nonsurgical option to tighten your tummy skin rather than having a Tummy Tuck.

However it is very important for you to understand that most heavily advertised nonsurgical Tummy Tuck alternatives simply cannot adequately tighten loose tummy skin that is significant.

The best any of the non surgical methods achieve is about 20-22% skin tightening compared to the 100% of a Tummy Tuck.

If you only have very slight amounts of loose skin around the belly button these nonsurgical technologies may improve it. However if you have a flap of loose skin on your tummy eyes urge you not to waist your money on nonsurgical procedures

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

Nonsurgical intervention provides minimal improvement

+1
WIthout a photo, it is impossible to comment in specifics, but a history of 30-40 pounds overweight and loose skin is a prescription for an abdominoplasty. None of the non-surgical options are substitutes for surgery in such cases and you should not be deceived into thinking that they will offer you a low cost, low pain panacea.

Non-surgical Alternatives to a Tummy Tuck

+1

To remove excess skin/adipose tissue, abdominoplasty is the best options. Some of the current modalities such as thermage, Exilis, or Zerona can provide minimal skin tightening benefits and subtle reduction of fat, but can not tackle the objectives of a patient seeking a tummy tuck.

??Tummy Tuck Alternatives

+1

There are no true alternatives to tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) because part of the procedure includes tightening the weakened abdominal wall giving a flat belly.  This can only be accomplished with an abdominoplasty procedure.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Alternatives To Tummy Tuck Very Limited

+1

It is my opinion that there are no satisfactory alternatives to tummy tuck when there is excess skin which are nonsurgical.  A mini tummy tuck can sometimes be of use in certain cases, but this too obviously involves surgery.  When there are small areas of excess fat and little or no skin excess, liposuction may be beneficial.  Liposuction is not, however, a treatment for obesity and cannot substitute for diet, exercise, etc.

Loose skin will require a tummy tuck

+1

There are no non-surgical options to address loose skin and stretch marks. If have great skin tone and excess fat you may be a candidate for liposuction alone. A board certified plastic surgeon can examine you and determine which procedure is best for your particular anatomy.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

There Are No Non-Surgical Substitutes For A Tummy Tuck

+1

Nothing sells better than hope and that is exactly what you would be getting with any non-surgical alternative to a tummy tuck or even abdominal liposuction. It is one thing if one has a little extra fat but otherwise has reasonable skin tone and no really significant skin looseness, then a non-surgical approach may be able to influence some mild amount of fat loss. But at 30 to 40lbs overweight and likely with ssome skin rolls, there is no substitute for a surgical approach. Anything less will be a waste of money.

Web reference: http://www.eppleytummytuck.com/

Non-Invasive Options versus A Tummy Tuck

+1

Without a photo to refer to, it is hard to determine the amount of loose skin that you are desiring to treat however from your description, it would appear that the best option is weight loss followed by an abdominoplasty(tummy tuck).  With the amount of loose skin you are describing, there is no good non-invasive treatment that can reduced your skin significantly.  Yes, there are many companies and non-surgeons who will try to convince you that you can have the results of a tummy tuck without the surgery but that is simply not the situation.  The results all of these devices achieve are minimal and their costs are not.  Your best option is to obtain a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can help you better understand your options and the risks and benefits of each option.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://stlcosmeticsurgery.com/

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Non invasive tummy tuck options

+1

I have done extensive research on non surgical technologies over the last 25 years and work with them all the time. I have been on the Scientific Advisory Board for Thermage and Ulthera and have both in my office currently. We also have Exilis which is a radiofrequency device that is currently under investigation for the reduction of fat and the tightening of skin. 

Two technologies for non invasive fat removal are Zerona and Zeltiq, with the latter being my choice in a landslide. 

All of these technologies can have a small to modest effect in patients. We use it in patients who absolutely refuse surgery or are not surgical candidates. It can be effective for subtle looseness but remains somewhat unpredictable. 

That being said, I agree with my surgical colleagues that none of these non surgical options come close to the quality result you can get with surgery. 

No options beside tummy tuck to remove extra skin

+1

You have extra skin because of stretched out skin. No body likes to go through surgery , but the reality is that non-invasive procedures do not work.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.