What is the Proper Care After my First Fraxel Treatment?

Today is day 3 after my Fraxel treatment. The doctor used a level 9 only on my cheek areas and a 5-6 on the rest( she did my entire face and neck areas) as I was very able to tolerate the pain. I look like Alvin the chipmunk. When do you think I should start to see and feel the swelling come down? I see my doctor, who is wonderful, 1 week post op. I am VERY OPTIMISTIC about this as I have suffered from acne and it's scars for so many years I can not remeber my life before them.

Post-Fraxel Care and Treatment

+1

Depending on the aggressiveness of your treatment, there might be some pinpoint bleeding following the procedure, as well as some oozing for up to 48 hours until the wounds close. The most common side effects are edema (swelling), which usually subsides after a week, and erythema (redness), which may last up to a month, depending on the aggressiveness of treatment. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, oozing and crusting. I would suggest speaking directly with your doctor about proper care post-treatment to ensure your safety during the recovery period. 

Fraxel postcare instructions vary

+1

There are 3 different Fraxel lasers: restore, thulium and repair lasers.  Each one differs in what they do to your skin and the depth they penetrate.  You should consult with your physician who should have advised you on post care instructions.  We instruct all our fraxel patients to use plenty of moisturzer and sun protection, in addition to other instructions.

Web reference: http://www.ocdermatology.com/fraxel-laser-treatment/

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Your should check with the doctor who did your Fraxel laser Treatment.

+1

Not all Fraxel Laser treatments are the same.  You should check with your doctor for instructions on proper wound care after your treatment.

Web reference: http://gatewaylasercenter.com/LaserWrinkleTreatment.html

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon